Extremely low voltage

Is the voltage any better if you have the headlights on? Like Martin said you might be experiencing what Keep Hope Alive was.
Wow. I turned on my HVAC system one click on the lowest setting and my voltage jumped up to around 13.5 for a majority of the time. Before it would be at 11.6-11.8 if I'm driving under 45mph but once I go past 45mph for some reason it goes up.

I'm assuming a high output alt will help keep my voltage high and steady with no negative affects on the car correct?

before you get that ALT try an external voltage regulator. Your Car's PCM may be controlling the voltage and keeping it maxed out at 12v. *****(When you bypass the internal or take it out all together the battery light will come on. this is OK.)*****

Id rather be safe anyway. I have around 2500 watts with just an optima yellow top under my hood and big 3 with 0 gauge. My under drive pulleys don't help either lol so I'd rather get a beefy alternator

before you get that ALT try an external voltage regulator. Your Car's PCM may be controlling the voltage and keeping it maxed out at 12v. *****(When you bypass the internal or take it out all together the battery light will come on. this is OK.)*****
This is my thought. Even if you go with a HO alternator (which is a good idea) an outboard regulator is a good move.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.