Decisions

Participant count
  • Participant list

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Guys I'm stuck here.

Stock 150 amp alt but I'm guessing it runs a lot of stuff

I'm getting mild dimming but voltage at the M1 doesn't drop under 13.2 on rap at idle but I get dimming even on rock with hardly any drop

I have enough set aside to get a 370 from Singer but that will totally tap me out. He also has a 240 that's more manageable

I can get a Batcap 400 installed for under $200.

I'm a bit disappointed since I'm only using half the power the m1 has on tap. Gain can go to 2v, I'm closer to 4v. It's enough for what I'm looking for though.

So alt and be broke or Batcap 400 and have enough left over to replace stuff if it does blow. I don't see anything blowing but you never know.

Just to add before it's said. Stock battery is a weird size and the tray is awkward. No good replacement there.

Assuming you have all the other electrical done ie big 3 and good cables I'd go with a bigger alt. Go big now and be done with it you know you're gonna upgrade sooner or later. I got the 320 and 2 batteries and I was running full A/C and stuff while bass racing and didn't go below 14.5. I never ever dim now even at night full tilt with full a/c and I did before with stock alt no big 3 and 4 gauge powers to a 500 rms sub amp and a 4 rms fill amp lol.

Another vote for the big alt.
Buy once, cry once on electrical if you can.
I concur Sir...I went as big as I could when I did my alt now I don't have to worry if I want to go to to 3-4k. ***** to do but the 240 should be ok I think especially if you add a 2nd battery :

If it staying at 13.2v I'd just leave it alone, if ur gunna turn the amp up more get the biggest alt Forsure.
I just found out Nate's new shop is 30 minutes away from me. If he would answer the phone that would be great. And I think this Ecoboost is going to need a bypass

I just found out Nate's new shop is 30 minutes away from me. If he would answer the phone that would be great. And I think this Ecoboost is going to need a bypass
He never answers the phone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif but he always emails me back

He never answers the phone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif but he always emails me back
I might just go by the shop. I think he's going to have to see what's going on with the vcm anyway. I think it has a cut off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.