Extremely low voltage

# 91102R - EXTERNAL VOLTAGE REGULATOR WITH REMOTE VOLTAGE CONTROL for B-Circuit. For Industrial, EMV, Limo, Marine, Police Car, RV, Taxi and more
This is the common one that I use and I see others use. My model Jeep only charges mid to high 13V on the factory regulator so I've been externally regulating for ages. 14.4-14.8V is optimum for charging "12V" car batteries.

Thank you sir! Is this easy to install? And how does it work? When the voltage is low you flick the switch and it keeps the voltage high towards 14.4ish volts ?

Thank you sir! Is this easy to install? And how does it work? When the voltage is low you flick the switch and it keeps the voltage high towards 14.4ish volts ?
The switch looking part is a knob to set voltage to where you want it.

It has 3 screws on the top for wireing to a relay.

-Positive

-Ground

-Field

The field screw will not go to a relay, but it will be used to connect to the wire on the alternator for external regulator.

Some alternators dont have a seperate wire so you will have to figure out which wire to use.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

The only touchy thing, it is critical to have a very solid +12 and ground to the unit, then you just dial it in to whatever voltage you like... so 16 gauge speaker wire is inadequate. Consider some good 8 gauge wire all around. The dial can be use to set and then tucked away anywhere. You would have no need to use it beyond initial setup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.