enclosure vs enclosure help

do you need them to be aero ports?and im sure you will over power the hell out of them if you are doing a 49-50. 4.3 net after bracing and port should be good for them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/imo.gif.3a57bcc70a4835dc53e86ffae1a0b041.gif

and if 65 sq inches of port aint enough for ya you can go bigger. i just dont trust aq's suspension with alot of port.
I always thought aq loved more port area? I have the aq hdc4's though. They use wider spiders than the hdc3's. I'm sure that'll help out a bit. How would I know if a subs suspension is going out of control?

really? i dont see how when all i see are ripped spiders from aq but then again i never really try anything else than safe with aq because of it
It's because they are low quality and use either inferior glue or substandard assembling techniques (7 year old Chinese kids?). The spiders are actually quite stiff IMO, just not good quality. Since they are basically DD clones they should do well in DD spec boxes.

OP: If it's a trunk optimum will be to wall it off (look for thor's hammer's trunk build) or possibly do sub up port forward. A friend of mine did very will with that out of a civic trunk (until he started breaking metal on the trunk hinges).

yeah pretty much, they use laminated spiders that need to be broken in to not rip. I do know DD redid their spiders recently but haven't used any so no clue if they are good.

What about the first box which is the one below? Itll have to be built in two parts to make it fit in the trunk though. Itll be just at around 4.5 cu ft net and about 17" per cube of port area. Wouldnt that be perfect? Itll be the one with the 10" port with it firing to the side of the box.

36.5 x 17.5 x 22 = 6.64 cu ft gross

-1.10 (26.5" long port)

-.818 (sub displacement)

-.20 (bracing)

= 4.5 cu ft net at around 37 hz

so sub and port placement mean nothing?
jut because a port is on the same face means it will cancel. if that was the case no onee would do it . alot of spl record holders put the port on the same face as subs with no problems. thats a simpl answer

jut because a port is on the same face means it will cancel. if that was the case no onee would do it . alot of spl record holders put the port on the same face as subs with no problems. thats a simpl answer
OP said phasing is weird if his wiring is correct what would cause that? Perhaps sub or port placement or for that matter the placement of the box in the vehicle. Have you never experimented with the location of a port or the subwoofers and found it to be louder in a certain position. I am so adamant on this cause i read and read about it say what you want but there are "sweet spots" in every vehicle and all the posts after your original post reinforce this. P.S. no i am not retarded but i am special my momma said so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.