Need help choosing budget sub for sealed enclosure

Sinner13

CarAudio.com Recruit
Nj
Setup
Head unit jvc kd-x370bts
Amp Alpine mrp-m500

Looking at American bass, CDT, and audio legion thanks too some suggestions from my other threads.
But I have a buddy yelling in my ear to buy an alpine type r used, his setup is a type r in a sealed box he built. He doesn't remember specs but thinks it's 1sq foot on an alpine m1000. It sounds awesome btw.

I'm lost right now on what to get, definitely want a sealed setup, I like how clean his bass hits but I have half the power he does.

Also am thinking of upgrading to the audio legion 700 at some point if I want more so would like a sub that would be good at 500 w but also be able to take more if I upgrade.

Thanks

I'm got 2 armada 12's hooked up right now...mine are ported (tuned to 32hz) but sound very clean. I had a set of american bass dx 15's and the armada 12's (while not quite as loud) sound way better

Audio legion does well ported but I am not impressed sealed. American bass and CDT will also prefer ported boxes. They might be ok sealed though. Never tried ‘‘em sealed. The type R is going to want more power than 500 watts to really get going. I’d go with a Dayton ultimax 12, Image Dynamics 12, JL W6. Maybe you can find a W6 used. It’s excellent in a sealed box on 500-600 watts. Type R isn’t a bad choice though

CT Sounds. I think it's the Ozone model.

20220909_181240.jpg
20220909_181402.jpg

Got to be careful when buying a used sub. Deff need to know what to look at and at the least check it with a DMM on the spot and look for any burning issues at the coil. The new Type Rs look a little expensive to me and there are other choices to consider for the price.The A.Bass XD sub is really a nice sub for the money I have a couple 10s and they get down pretty good and with tuning, sound really nice for the money

CT Sounds. I think it's the Ozone model.

View attachment 42398View attachment 42399
Im enjoying everything Ive gotten from CT Sounds, so far its been money well spent. I havent tried any of theyre subs yet, but Ive seen and heard some in action, and they do very nice. If I didnt have more than 15 subs atm Id prob pick up a couple to try out for myself. I may try some after the first of the year. I like the Meso series for the power I like to run. I like the baskets on those

Got to be careful when buying a used sub. Deff need to know what to look at and at the least check it with a DMM on the spot and look for any burning issues at the coil. The new Type Rs look a little expensive to me and there are other choices to consider for the price.The A.Bass XD sub is really a nice sub for the money I have a couple 10s and they get down pretty good and with tuning, sound really nice for the money

You are the new AB fanboy. It used to be me.

Im enjoying everything Ive gotten from CT Sounds, so far its been money well spent. I havent tried any of theyre subs yet, but Ive seen and heard some in action, and they do very nice. If I didnt have more than 15 subs atm Id prob pick up a couple to try out for myself. I may try some after the first of the year. I like the Meso series for the power I like to run. I like the baskets on those

I don't like steel basket subs for some reason. Call me entitled if you wish. It just doesn't look right IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...