enclosure vs enclosure help

I just built an enclosure for my two 12" hdc4's with a 10" port all facing inside the cabin of my 96 honda accord. I didn't like it at all. I lost a lot of output compared to my older box. The phasing is also weird.

Which would be a better enclosure and have more output?

36.5 x 17.5 x 22 = 6.64 cu ft gross (this box is so big that it needs to be built in two parts)

Itll have a 10 diameter port with a total of a 16" flare tuned to around 37 hz (port on the passenger side of box)

33 x 17 x 22 = 5.79 cu ft gross

Itll have four 4" flared aero tuned to around 37 hz (port on the passenger side of box)

Which enclosure would be a better choice? thanks

What are your goals?
Well, I wanna pass 149dbs which I was getting with my old enclosure. It was 33 x 17 x 22 with four 4" non-flared PVC ports tuned to around 35hz. Net volume was about 4.45 cu ft. I wanna get more output than that box. So I wanna be at it over 150 dbs for daily with a tuning of around 37hz

Last edited by a moderator:
port+sub on same wall=cancellation. All the recommendations i see say sub forward and port up for optimal sound.should clarify also if there isnt any room between port and rear baffle or some other obstruction i have also seen port to drivers side recommended.

port+sub on same wall=cancellation. All the recommendations i see say sub forward and port up for optimal sound.should clarify also if there isnt any room between port and rear baffle or some other obstruction i have also seen port to drivers side recommended.
are you retarded?

Op try 4.3 cubes net @ 35 hz with about 65sq inches of SLOT port with 3 common walls on the driver side.

Have you tried subs up port back? That "CRX" style box may perform well for you.

I prefer a single large port over multiple small ones. If your goal is to gain on the meter, just get a meter and start playing with seat positions, small changes in box position, glove box open or closed, position of visors, flip floormats upside down, armor-all dash, flush mount subs, duct tape around subs. You can probably find .5 to 1.0 db on the meter with some testing and tweaking stupid little things like that.

Are both of the new boxes going to be subs and port both forward? Have you tried subs forward port to the side?

Do you have everything sealed off when facing forward?

Have you tried subs up port back? That "CRX" style box may perform well for you.
I prefer a single large port over multiple small ones. If your goal is to gain on the meter, just get a meter and start playing with seat positions, small changes in box position, glove box open or closed, position of visors, flip floormats upside down, armor-all dash, flush mount subs, duct tape around subs. You can probably find .5 to 1.0 db on the meter with some testing and tweaking stupid little things like that.
I don't think it'll work with the port on the back. I wouldn't have room as this is a trunk car. Ill do the taping part. Lol thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You recommend that over the two choices I listed?
do you need them to be aero ports?

and im sure you will over power the hell out of them if you are doing a 49-50. 4.3 net after bracing and port should be good for them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/imo.gif.3a57bcc70a4835dc53e86ffae1a0b041.gif

and if 65 sq inches of port aint enough for ya you can go bigger. i just dont trust aq's suspension with alot of port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.