Enclosure build for 1993 Dakota

Of all people to ask for pics you should be the last since you see it every day lol.... as well as you should now i have been to tight up at work lately to get any thing done... this next week though gona put a big dent in the work that it needs.

OK so today i finally got so more work done on the box.

Dakotabuild09086.jpg

Set up the face plate for the cutouts

Dakotabuild09093.jpg

got the first counter sink hole cut

Dakotabuild09095.jpg

and there is two

Dakotabuild09099.jpg

flipped it over to make the full depth cutout

Dakotabuild09100.jpg

sittin it up there to admire my work...lol

Dakotabuild09101.jpg

and finally the fun part...gettin to put all those clamps on

Dakotabuild09103.jpg

Ok so i have got some more work done yesterday and today

Dakotabuild09107.jpg

Dakotabuild09109.jpg

sat in the last side plate just to make me feel like the box was getting done:D

Dakotabuild09110.jpg

got it all clamped up

Dakotabuild09111.jpg

Dakotabuild09113.jpg

all nice and snuggley glued in lol

Dakotabuild09116.jpg

got the port cut and started to get it all glued up

Dakotabuild09117.jpg

Dakotabuild09118.jpg

I don't get why you made it so complicated?

Also, subs up... port up in that truck man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Port on drive side, and BIG. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

nG

lol hey man I'm trying...and got to wait to get some cash for some parts of this build
It's all good, I been doing the system thing in my GenII Dak for about 7years now... so hit me up if you need anything.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

nG

It's all good, I been doing the system thing in my GenII Dak for about 7years now... so hit me up if you need anything.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

nG
Ya i am planing to continuously build new boxes one after another each trying something new so i can see what works best in my truck and so i can get the experience in. I eventually want to wall it off but that is a bit down the road. i will take your advice for sure and maybe it will be my next box. i have had a lot of people tell me subs up port to the DS works well to. the big reason the box it designed the way it is right now though it i needed the space to put the amps but i wont have that problem as soon as it gets warm enough i am going to make a false floor in the back to mount them on to free up a lot of space. thx for the advice.

Ya i am planing to continuously build new boxes one after another each trying something new so i can see what works best in my truck and so i can get the experience in. I eventually want to wall it off but that is a bit down the road. i will take your advice for sure and maybe it will be my next box. i have had a lot of people tell me subs up port to the DS works well to. the big reason the box it designed the way it is right now though it i needed the space to put the amps but i wont have that problem as soon as it gets warm enough i am going to make a false floor in the back to mount them on to free up a lot of space. thx for the advice.
Yeah, all depends on what you have... and what you're going for...

Speakers, amps, daily, spl...

The best score I ever got out of my truck SPL wise was 152.3 legal with a single 15"...

This was in a small pressure box, with lots of power. Sub actually firing towards the rear wall, and 4 4" aero's firing to the side drive wall external ports... I swapped port length for different tuning for daily.

For daily ground pounding though, it's a tossup between that and sub&port up...

If you're trying to get the most space though, side firing port doesn't work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif... so up is the next best thing. No real audible difference though.

nG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

93dakota

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
93dakota
Ohio U
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date