Elemental Designs 13Av.2 Subwoofer ??

No. Being at par or just under the reference frequency would render the driver "useless". Being 20+dB below reference is pretty good considering it was designed primarily for sub-bass and not to function like a woofer. I would not be afraid to run that unit to 100Hz.
Do we even know what harmonic that curve is?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ruh roh raggy.

We shall continue to play the game of "X" motor topology with really short coil rated at 3 times as much power as any normal person would rate it at..and then wonder why 80% of them break...but by god it has low inductance and it'l play out to 300Hz flat (which is still VERY narrow bandwidth all things considered)..minus that little dip in response at the say sub 30Hz range because it runs out of excursion because the coil is short...

When will people learn that you need to focus on a solid 3 way setup...you shouldn't have to worry about inductance with anything that is honestly 'sq' related...as a sub never ever EVER plays anything above 50Hz in a SQ car that is worth its salt when being judged...

Inductance in and of itself should be more closely examined in a mid-woofer/midrange/tweet alignment...which is where "X" topology would be more at home imo.

:shakes head....walks away:

Lies. All lies. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
I know, I know. But seriously, how do you beat $295 for 1500w with the 9.1? It's not really efficient, but with some juicy power will stay cool and will push and hdc3 very well. Surprisingly well.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ruh roh raggy.We shall continue to play the game of "X" motor topology with really short coil rated at 3 times as much power as any normal person would rate it at..and then wonder why 80% of them break...but by god it has low inductance and it'l play out to 300Hz flat (which is still VERY narrow bandwidth all things considered)..minus that little dip in response at the say sub 30Hz range because it runs out of excursion because the coil is short...

When will people learn that you need to focus on a solid 3 way setup...you shouldn't have to worry about inductance with anything that is honestly 'sq' related...as a sub never ever EVER plays anything above 50Hz in a SQ car that is worth its salt when being judged...

Inductance in and of itself should be more closely examined in a mid-woofer/midrange/tweet alignment...which is where "X" topology would be more at home imo.

Geez man, didn't you know? That's what we do here.

But... but... it has lower inductance. And... and... that means it's better. Ya... that's it, better....

What? That driver has 1mm less Xmax than this one? It's INFERIOR!!!

That sub is weak because it only has N42 neo magnets. N52 is CLEARLY SUPERIOR...

My sub rulz cuz it has a 3" coil...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ruh roh raggy.
We shall continue to play the game of "X" motor topology with really short coil rated at 3 times as much power as any normal person would rate it at..and then wonder why 80% of them break...but by god it has low inductance and it'l play out to 300Hz flat (which is still VERY narrow bandwidth all things considered)..minus that little dip in response at the say sub 30Hz range because it runs out of excursion because the coil is short...

Honestly, imo, anything above 60 hz I call midbass. I'm going to be in SPL comps soon, and I still tune to 30 hz, because high bass is too easy. Brad Eubank and I were talking/disagreeing that it is harder to hit higher numbers at low frequencies. Specifically, I was talking about Snoopdan. Brad said he beat him in a competition. And he has a award on his wall that says something over 160 db. I asked what frequency was it at. He told me that it doesn't matter. Then I said it's harder to be louder @ lower frequencies than higher. He said numbers are just numbers, doesn't matter what frequency. I disagree. I think it's more difficult because the sub has to travel a farther linear distance which seems to me like it would require more energy. Are you more scared of 160 db of 50 hz, or 160db of 30 hz?

Honestly, imo, anything above 60 hz I call midbass. I'm going to be in SPL comps soon, and I still tune to 30 hz, because high bass is too easy. Brad Eubank and I were talking/disagreeing that it is harder to hit higher numbers at low frequencies. Specifically, I was talking about Snoopdan. Brad said he beat him in a competition. And he has a award on his wall that says something over 160 db. I asked what frequency was it at. He told me that it doesn't matter. Then I said it's harder to be louder @ lower frequencies than higher. He said numbers are just numbers, doesn't matter what frequency. I disagree. I think it's more difficult because the sub has to travel a farther linear distance which seems to me like it would require more energy. Are you more scared of 160 db of 50 hz, or 160db of 30 hz?

I am more impressed when people high high numbers at lower frequencies.

Transparent is not something that should be used to describe this sub. It has low end authority, but unless you either don't care or have mids that can cross really low (60hz region) then I'd suggest another sub.

Yes it's a low end monster but it will not transition well in the midbass regions to a 6.5" mid. Take that for what it's worth, and if you just want serious sub-bass, then by all means go for it.

I have a 9.1 and 9.2x, and convinced my buddy to buy two 9kv.2s. I've had a problem with them, but it was my fault and I got pissed about it. But I like eD. What do you think about the e9.65i?
i hear nothing but good things, was gonna pre-order these, but wanted something now and Ben told me the DLS MS6A will give me about the same result. Love my DLS comps, very loud and clear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

try the ed forum for more info

Lies. All lies. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
i got the noods to prove it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I had the 13av.2 couple month ago, only played it for 2 days then it crapped out on me. Sent it back to eD and never seen it again. They keep telling me I have to file a claim because of damage in transit (which I did). Till this day I never received it back

It was indeed a low-end monster.

i hear nothing but good things, was gonna pre-order these, but wanted something now and Ben told me the DLS MS6A will give me about the same result. Love my DLS comps, very loud and clear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
try the ed forum for more info
The eD forum moves way to slow. So which pair would you recommend?

Geez man, didn't you know? That's what we do here.
But... but... it has lower inductance. And... and... that means it's better. Ya... that's it, better....

What? That driver has 1mm less Xmax than this one? It's INFERIOR!!!

That sub is weak because it only has N42 neo magnets. N52 is CLEARLY SUPERIOR...

My sub rulz cuz it has a 3" coil...
I am more impressed when people high high numbers at lower frequencies.
This. All of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.