Elemental Designs 13Av.2 Subwoofer ??

Well for sq that's fine so it dnt really matter but their like ur new mags they like a certain box and don't like to be over powered at all I can guarente their louder from upto 60hz then your mags...

Well for sq that's fine so it dnt really matter but their like ur new mags they like a certain box and don't like to be over powered at all I can guarente their louder from upto 60hz then your mags...
And I can guarantee they have higher measurable distortion, higher Le, more BL non linearities and need more power. Still wouldn't touch them.

with my 13av.2 running off my RF T5001bd i get 140db. in my daily driver, and am very happy with it. stock electrical, except my power cell.

Erm... not sure where you get 60Hz from Bose, if memory serves the coil was 3mH which isn't much for a sub. The response can go well past 100Hz before rolling off due to inductance.

Watching that video, I had to chuckle a bit. The guy should have done a prescreening before the main shoot - it doesn't look like he knows what he is/was doing.

Erm... not sure where you get 60Hz from Bose, if memory serves the coil was 3mH which isn't much for a sub. The response can go well past 100Hz before rolling off due to inductance.
Watching that video, I had to chuckle a bit. The guy should have done a prescreening before the main shoot - it doesn't look like he knows what he is/was doing.
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/klippel-reviews-driver-specs/32810-ed-12av2.html

Same motor and sub pretty much, the Le is low enough but the distortion rises enough to make it pretty much useless above 80Hz and it starts at 50Hz.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/klippel-reviews-driver-specs/32810-ed-12av2.html
Same motor and sub pretty much, the Le is low enough but the distortion rises enough to make it pretty much useless above 80Hz and it starts at 50Hz.

No. Being at par or just under the reference frequency would render the driver "useless". Being 20+dB below reference is pretty good considering it was designed primarily for sub-bass and not to function like a woofer. I would not be afraid to run that unit to 100Hz.

Do we even know what harmonic that curve is?

Bose will never loose nothin compares to the mag lol. But seriously I bet 90% of the users on ca would prefer the 13av over the new mag. The new mag is for a market same thing as this sub dnt like to be over powered dnt like to be in to big of a box n is for more sq based systems. I never got to sit n review both subs but I know people wit both n I plan on buyin both to add to my collections.

I will get flamed, but I like eD better than JL.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/scared.gif.f134e57c6c93ccd0f15aa5ac32c7d4a0.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hide.gif.2d479cfd917eedfe201353b91522ceab.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/escape.gif.52b661afb17bde1db0e0c7da97e75b38.gif

Bose will never loose nothin compares to the mag lol. But seriously I bet 90% of the users on ca would prefer the 13av over the new mag. The new mag is for a market same thing as this sub dnt like to be over powered dnt like to be in to big of a box n is for more sq based systems. I never got to sit n review both subs but I know people wit both n I plan on buyin both to add to my collections.
Seriously, learn how to type or learn English, your posts are nigh unreadable.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/scared.gif.f134e57c6c93ccd0f15aa5ac32c7d4a0.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hide.gif.2d479cfd917eedfe201353b91522ceab.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/escape.gif.52b661afb17bde1db0e0c7da97e75b38.gif
I know, I know. I just own to many eD products and can't afford JL's, lol. But I've talked to Alex and Ben both before and they are nice guys. I like the products as well, copied or not. I mean, look at sub companies like DD & AQ. I believe they are both very good companies. They use a fair amount of the same parts, as far as I'm concerned. But it doesn't matter.

I know, I know. I just own to many eD products and can't afford JL's, lol. But I've talked to Alex and Ben both before and they are nice guys. I like the products as well, copied or not. I mean, look at sub companies like DD & AQ. I believe they are both very good companies. They use a fair amount of the same parts, as far as I'm concerned. But it doesn't matter.
In this forum, ED will always be hating, but there are people like us that will praise the company. I owned a lot of ED equipment which consisted of:

13Ov.3

EDi 6000.v2

Nine.2x

Nine.5 (still own, its a beast)

and car is filled with edead v1se2 and v3.

never let me down one bit, my brother in law has the scion tc stealth box with a flat sub from ED and nine.2, sounds amazing.

In this forum, ED will always be hating, but there are people like us that will praise the company. I owned a lot of ED equipment which consisted of:
13Ov.3

EDi 6000.v2

Nine.2x

never let me down one bit, my brother in law has the scion tc stealth box with a flat sub from ED and nine.2, sounds amazing.
I have a 9.1 and 9.2x, and convinced my buddy to buy two 9kv.2s. I've had a problem with them, but it was my fault and I got pissed about it. But I like eD. What do you think about the e9.65i?

13Ov.3

EDi 6000.v2

Nine.2x

I have a 9.1 and 9.2x, and convinced my buddy to buy two 9kv.2s. I've had a problem with them, but it was my fault and I got pissed about it. But I like eD. What do you think about the e9.65i?

Lies. All lies. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.