Elemental Designs 13Av.2 Subwoofer ??

Any sub tends to look massive when its compared next to a midrange.

That sub is the culmination of Ben Milne's ideas after JL Audio's lawyers stripped it of the technology that Ben had tried to steal and incorporate into the 13Av.2 design. He tried to use patented tech from a competitors product, got caught and had to remove it, then released the sub anyway minus the frame and cooling techniques. Id be skeptical of any speaker Ben Milne designs, let alone an abortion like this one that is a series of legal compromises to keep the designer from getting sued or incarcerated.

Any sub tends to look massive when its compared next to a midrange.
That sub is the culmination of Ben Milne's ideas after JL Audio's lawyers stripped it of the technology that Ben had tried to steal and incorporate into the 13Av.2 design. He tried to use patented tech from a competitors product, got caught and had to remove it, then released the sub anyway minus the frame and cooling techniques. Id be skeptical of any speaker Ben Milne designs, let alone an abortion like this one that is a series of legal compromises to keep the designer from getting sued or incarcerated.
there you go.

That's alright, you are allowed to like it if you want to.

Its far from a leader in the excursion world. Its simply eD's me-too 'super-sub' to catch up to the rest of the industry that has had one on the market for years.

So ur saying its a knock off JL audio??
Knock-off implies an attempted direct copy. I did not say or imply that. I did say however that eD attempted to steal some patented technology off the W7. Its a very well known scandal at this point: http://www.audiojunkies.com/blog/305/jl-audio-contacts-elemental-designs-over-patent-infringement-concerns

Cheers.

That's alright, you are allowed to like it if you want to.
Its far from a leader in the excursion world. Its simply eD's me-too 'super-sub' to catch up to the rest of the industry that has had one on the market for years.

Knock-off implies an attempted direct copy. I did not say or imply that. I did say however that eD attempted to steal some patented technology off the W7. Its a very well known scandal at this point: http://www.audiojunkies.com/blog/305/jl-audio-contacts-elemental-designs-over-patent-infringement-concerns

Cheers.
What would be a good "excursion world" sub then??

What would be a good "excursion world" sub then??
Im not necessarily saying the 13Av.2 is bad, it simply doesn't stand out from the crowd of other subs that have been on the market long enough to already prove themselves, using technology not stolen from a competitor or used as a plan B when the theft is made public.
They were trying to steal off the W7, so that might be a clue the W7 would be a good choice to look at. There are plenty of others as well.

its a great sub from all the reviews i heard, basically super sq sub. they like boxes between 2.0-2.75 cubic feet and anywhere from 28-34hz.

they have a sub and amp combo, with 5 year warranty, cant go wrong.

I was with you until there, just based off of audioholic's posts, discounting any other questionable things.
you must understand that audioholic will always be against ED, not matter what, due to the past, he just cant let go.

Well i have had my far bad encounters with ED, Ben and their woofers that kept blowing, but with that said, my brother traded for this and it is a low end MONSTER with very low distortion and blends very well with his front stage. As much as i've disliked ben and their practices in the past, the av.2 is a very solid woofer

Well i have had my far bad encounters with ED, Ben and their woofers that kept blowing, but with that said, my brother traded for this and it is a low end MONSTER with very low distortion and blends very well with his front stage. As much as i've disliked ben and their practices in the past, the av.2 is a very solid woofer
awesome post, here is a perfect example of someone who has had bad experiences with ED, but left personal issues out when it came to review or post about a product.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.