DSP tuning for below dummy level

You're probably right but I'm not going to listen to it at max volume all the time. I listen to rock, alternative, meta, ska, a little emo, you know what I mean. Cradle of Filth, Garbage, No Doubt, Portishead, Chevelle, 30 Seconds to Mars, Slipknot...I have a little taste beyond bass. It's just that bass is the main course and those are the side dishes.😁

A DSP isn't going to serve any function besides crossover points and slopes with your system. I wouldn't waste your money on one unless you intend to change your speaker setup.

A DSP shines when running active, but that requires individual drivers placed in different locations. You really just need passive crossovers, or an amp with adjustable high and low pass filters.

Hell, you can just get capacitors and inductors and make your own crossover networks for alot less money than a DSP with 12 channels of output capability.

Matt

A DSP isn't going to serve any function besides crossover points and slopes with your system. I wouldn't waste your money on one unless you intend to change your speaker setup.

A DSP shines when running active, but that requires individual drivers placed in different locations. You really just need passive crossovers, or an amp with adjustable high and low pass filters.

Hell, you can just get capacitors and inductors and make your own crossover networks for alot less money than a DSP with 12 channels of output capability.

Matt
I can run a system without a DSP. But then, how would I learn how to use a DSP. Seems like a chicken and egg argument.
I I purchased a Clarion EQ for that reason though. If it sounds like trash with DSP and I can't figure it out, I'm gonna bypass and use the Clarion the same way that I've always done in the past. If I never get the knack for it, there's always a resell market for it.

I'm actually negotiating a deal right now for an upgraded DSP either way. MiniDSP CDSP 6-8 Mk.I
It's an upgrade to 8 channels.

I can run a system without a DSP. But then, how would I learn how to use a DSP. Seems like a chicken and egg argument.
I I purchased a Clarion EQ for that reason though. If it sounds like trash with DSP and I can't figure it out, I'm gonna bypass and use the Clarion the same way that I've always done in the past. If I never get the knack for it, there's always a resell market for it.

I'm actually negotiating a deal right now for an upgraded DSP either way. MiniDSP CDSP 6-8 Mk.I
It's an upgrade to 8 channels.

I understand your point, but the DSP will literally serve no function. You are going to be trying to learn how to ride a bike using a toaster.

Matt

I understand your point, but the DSP will literally serve no function. You are going to be trying to learn how to ride a bike using a toaster.

Matt
I'm thinking I'm gonna need one set for edm and a different one for rock. In my experience they're very different.

And time alignment matters. One pretty neat thing I found out is that if you know the angles at which sound is emitted from the speaker, it's location in regards to the designated imaging point, and the frequencies that it plays at, you can do all sorts of insane crazy type things with time alignment and phase shift together. The science behind it is nice.

Either way I'll see once I'm done. If it's trash no biggie, if it's awesome then that's nice. And using a device differently than normal convention hasn't been outlawed yet.

I get what you're saying but I'm gonna try it out anyway. Won't hurt anything.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...