Is -12db on a subsonic filter enough?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Normally for an enclosure tuned to 32 Hertz the subsonic can be optional. I have a Smart 3 and that 12db is per octave. So whatever number you set it at, cut that number in half, and that's the number that will actually be -12db lower.

I'd say that unless you're listening to chopped, screwed or rebass you should be fine.

Unless you listen to something with crazy subsonics, I think 12db is fine, especially since you're tuned low. I guess you'll know when you do/don't blow your sub. ;)

I listen to some rebassed stuff mostly dj siryn but I play the tracks that are 30hz and up...I play a fair bit of bass 305 though and a lot of those tracks drop into the low 20's high teens...

Any suggestions what to grab...I've been hunting around and basically only finding bass restoration or or multi channel crossovers...

Any suggestions what to grab...I've been hunting around and basically only finding bass restoration or or multi channel crossovers...
DSP works. You can choose 12,24, or 48 I believe. I listen to rebass. I'm having my box tuned to 30 HZ and hard cutoff at 20.

I purchased the Axxess DSP light. It has 24 slope fixed. Which should be fine.

Last edited:
I was hoping to avoid the dsp rabbit hole for a bit longer 😂 although that's really looking like my only option

I was hoping to avoid the dsp rabbit hole for a bit longer 😂 although that's really looking like my only option
Yeah they're expensive and very detail oriented. But they'll do the job. Another option is shelling out cash for a head unit that can do it. I've heard that there are some but I've never bought one.

Yeah they're expensive and very detail oriented. But they'll do the job. Another option is shelling out cash for a head unit that can do it. I've heard that there are some but I've never bought one.
I just bought my hu because it was supposed to have a light dsp with 31 bands per channel...but t u e pioneer app won't connect and it's all through the app so I'm azzed out on that...

DIYMA always has used/new dsp's up for sale and below what they go for. I picked up a Helix V1 DSP for 120 shipped last year from there. My Dayton I picked up for 70 from parts express refurbished. But DIYMA always has someone selling a dsp at a good price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

spokey9

5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
spokey9
NE AR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views