Dsp, a must have?

Yes, I have a Helix DSP.3 with the bluetooth card installed and I love it. It was a day and night difference with and without the DSP unit. You don't need a DSP unit for good sound but damn it helps. There is no way in hell I would ever have a car audio system without a DSP...it made that much of a difference.

I ran a RF 3Sixty.3 for a while. I am using my Kenwood head units time delay at the moment and can't wait to finish running wires so I can use a stand alone DSP again. It's night and day better sounding if you don't mind the hours of tuning, thinking you got it right then re-tuning when you know you got it wrong. When you get it right though... MMMMHMMMM. It's better. Honestly I think it's more the crossovers and individual eq's that make it so worth it. But if you are gonna DSP... get a calibrated measurement mic.

On a side note. None of this will help if the vehicle is not sound deadened.

I’m running a DSP. I can’t use all the features becasue I don’t have the RTA microphone to use it correctly. Having active crossovers and unlimited crossover points is nice at the very least. I also like the limiter function and the EQ is somewhat usable by ear. I don’t mess around with the parametric equalizer and pink noise though, without the microphone and software to use it.

I have the Dayton Audio dsp-408 and it is definitely worth it. HU settings are never going to give you nearly as much control as dsp, even a simple one. I didn't even plan to use dsp when I started the build, then I realized my HU eq had 5 bands with fixed centers lmao
You running it now? If yes, what is your max input voltage????? I also have the Dayton dsp-408 but have not fired it up as of yet.

I dont run a DSP/ Old school as well in the majority, But I do like a good EQ( Indash to be precise). I can see using a DSP like this one with the new Stock HUs that have all the integrated controls needed for the vehicles. But I run a plane jane/simple HU and an Indash EQ and have very little patience, and I like to Tune just by a slider or knob on the fly

I have the Dayton Audio dsp-408 and it is definitely worth it. HU settings are never going to give you nearly as much control as dsp, even a simple one. I didn't even plan to use dsp when I started the build, then I realized my HU eq had 5 bands with fixed centers lmao
That's the main I've been looking at. You have any noise issues? I've seen some complaints about that on the daytons.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...