DONE With Pioneer

yea ive actually heard really good things about the 980. all the reviews are saying the sq is great. hows the ipod interface with that? I just have a rca to headphone jack to input my ipod and the sq is perfect. doesnt really bug me at all that i dont have the ipod controls on the headunit, so its no biggy for me

I ran through 3 Pioneer decks before I switched to Alpine. I had skipping issues with 2 of them at just over 140dbs, I had a pico fuse issue, and a CD eject problem. These were all higher end models too. My Alpine 9887 > Pioneer

I am also about to get rid of my current pioneer deck and i can say i am never going to use their headunits ever again. wayyy to many fucckin problems. i could never listen to cds with it becuase it skiped with any bass whatsoever. the internal rca grounds are bullshiit and now im having all sorts of other problems like with ipods connected to it through usb, it starts to fucck up the songs real bad. amongstother things.... pioneer headunits:mad:

panasonics good stuff.

they're getting out of car audio though.

I'd say pioneer is coming down in quality. Car audio isn't their only business. Alpine does nothing but car audio.

/thread

Does not matter that picto fuse blows so easy and some that do not even have that still have rca ground problems. Matter a fact all of them pretty much have that problem.
Meh...DEH-800 works fine. Zero noise problems.

i have owned a few pioneers and they all have been junk. one played cd's 10% of the time , all of them had alternator noise , and none of them sounded as good as my current (7 year old) alpine.

kenwood makes good decks too. I will never own a pioneer again even if you try to give me one.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/plthumbsdown.gif.d7966af824c93c6021d1aae1778b1c19.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.