DONE With Pioneer

Personally I have always used Alpine, I had a pioneer DVD Flip up once, and after awhile the CD would only eject about half way, had to help it the rest (hold up on the cd)
A friend of mine had one, cd quit ejecting.. And I have noticed the ones that came out about two years ago (Big ass button, only about half of it was a screen, right side) The button always falls off...
Many people use iPods/HDDs/flash drives + there's a remote.

Yeah, the 880s skip like crazy when playing cds with heavy bass but if you use the ipod hookup the skipping goes away 100%.
do0dz i was hitting like 200 deebeeez the other day and my ipod did actually start to skip along with my gear shifter falling off!!!... i think i just need more sound deedn0r and i should be ok

on a serious note, i've had a couple cheap japanese dvd headunits off ebay with never one problem, and i've had an alpine that stopped ejecting the disc...i think it is all about luck and not getting a lemon.

I love my pioneer 7800, Had it for a while now, Only issues I have with it, is sometimes the face doesn't always connect and it freezes but that only happens rarely and mostly in the winter. I love Eclipse too, but didn't like the style of their new ones. I had an Eclipse 5204 or something back in the day and it didn't even support MP3 but besides not having a 16bang EQ I liked it a lot.

on a serious note, i've had a couple cheap japanese dvd headunits off ebay with never one problem, and i've had an alpine that stopped ejecting the disc...i think it is all about luck and not getting a lemon.

its all about getting a lemon with pioneer, its like buying a ford 6.0 liter diesel. its a hit or miss. and just like the trucks im not gonna spend my money as hard as it is to come by these days to get a hit or miss.

i had a pioneer deck, blew the rca grounds and i had to ground them to the chassis it pissed me off, ill never run pioneer again, ill never run anything other than the alpine cda series.

well in the instruction pioneer says "chasis ground" so its not there fault. I chasis grounded my 4800, 6800, 9600, premier 860 and 880 with no problems

Does not matter that picto fuse blows so easy and some that do not even have that still have rca ground problems. Matter a fact all of them pretty much have that problem.

Takes 5 minutes to fix the pico fuse/ rca problem. Once that is done i never had a problem. I love my h/u

Alpines seem more reliable though

Only reason I have a Pioneer flipout in my corvette is because someone gave it to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.