DONE With Pioneer

Does not matter that picto fuse blows so easy and some that do not even have that still have rca ground problems. Matter a fact all of them pretty much have that problem.
Actually, they ALL don't have that problem. There are quite a few guys here running Pioneers w/o any problems at all. I would never hot-swap RCA's regardless of the make of head unit that I have. I had an Alpine in my wife's car, and she was always complaining about how bad the radio reception was. I swapped it to a Pioneer, and the tuner is much better.

in the last ten minutes there has been 4 posts showing how shitty pioneer is...they all start like..."so i have this pioneer h/u....", or "how do i change the pico fuse" or "i here my engine running in my speakers" lol

Throw them away people or give them to your little sisters so their barbies can have a radio to listen to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

That is something I never do is hot swap but none the less I still got the noise. I know it also depends on the car you install it in. Still pioneer is not something I even look at anymore.

in the last ten minutes there has been 4 posts showing how shitty pioneer is...they all start like..."so i have this pioneer h/u....", or "how do i change the pico fuse" or "i here my engine running in my speakers" lol
Throw them away people or give them to your little sisters so their barbies can have a radio to listen to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
The newb with the dog speaks the truth //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I have ran Pioneer Head units since 1985 and I have only seen

problems with them if not installed properly...

Pioneer's NEED a rear support to hold the weight of the ass end otherwise

the faceplace will go out of alignment making it hard to eject and the CD will skip

and most importantly if you suddenly get alternator noise, you probably popped the

microfuse inside the deck thanks to a poor ground. with a pioneer you MUST ground

the chassis of the headunit to the chassis of your vehicle. same with the main ground.

if you don't, you will pop that microfuse that's less than half the size of an eyelash.

with this fuse popped the headunit tries to seek a ground through the rca's.

this can wear out your speakers a lot faster than they should because of constant flutter.

any authorized pioneer benchtech can fix this problem in less than an hour if he can get right to it.

just taking a couple extra steps during the install will save a lot of headaches later on.

I am running a Premier 980BT at the moment...it is over 3 years old now

and it is still in Perfect working condition with zero problems

LOL, I had noise in pioneers that were brand new never installed wrong. Pioneer just ***** if you have to do this and do that just to make it work right and keep it working right that is like a ford car. I would rather have a unit that once installed there will be no problems.

Just to add insult to injury, 2 days ago I sent pioneer a email about how much it would be to get repaired and still have not heard back from them.
Its gonna cost you $200. they have a flat rate for any repair that comes in the door. weather its a blown fuse or a new dvd drive, touchscreen, etc, its $200. I had a number of issues with my d2. to add insult, EVERY problem i was still having was something that the unit was sent back to pioneer for under the mfg warranty and they still wanted me to pay them 200 to fix it. it took almost a month of me not taking no for an answer to finally find someone willing to help me out. every customer serive rep i spoke to told me its MY fault the dvd drive doesnt work...its MY fault the touch screen was out of calibration...its MY fault the screen wont tilt to ejevt cd/dvd. I finally heard from a pioneer employee whom confirmed that EVERY problem I was having were known problems to pioneer.

I hate that I can't find the features of my 960 in any other decks today. Yes, I've fixed the ribbon cable once and it needs a cleaning every 6 months to keep ejecting cd's, but considering the tuning options available in the deck itself, I can't find another to match it.

I'm considering kenwood for my GTP, but only because they're preety much the only ones who make **** in red anymore. And my gf will annoy me endlessly if it doesn't match the existing interior.

Its gonna cost you $200. they have a flat rate for any repair that comes in the door. weather its a blown fuse or a new dvd drive, touchscreen, etc, its $200. I had a number of issues with my d2. to add insult, EVERY problem i was still having was something that the unit was sent back to pioneer for under the mfg warranty and they still wanted me to pay them 200 to fix it. it took almost a month of me not taking no for an answer to finally find someone willing to help me out. every customer serive rep i spoke to told me its MY fault the dvd drive doesnt work...its MY fault the touch screen was out of calibration...its MY fault the screen wont tilt to ejevt cd/dvd. I finally heard from a pioneer employee whom confirmed that EVERY problem I was having were known problems to pioneer.
I've had a 980BT for a year. Flawless, no problems. 16 band graphic EQ, built in bluetooth, Ipod. The only two shortcomings on mine: IPOD function is not as good as Alpine. I find the remote is more userfriendly than the faceplate and I use it almost exclusively. You???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.