Dom Iraggie Alternators Scammed Me

Pretty Lame to complain about the situation but not have the common sense to supply a note or letter stating what is wrong with the alternator and how you could be contacted with the package sent to Iraggi. UPS would not have any information since the thing was dropped off at their customer counter for shipment

I think Iraggi handled the matter professionally and did what they could to identify the sender.

Why the phone calls and emails were not returned is another matter and should be clarified by Iraggi, even if they did not know what he was talking about they could have replied and asked for clarification

Seems like mis-communication on both parties behalfs.

I ordered my Iraggi alt Monday and recieved it by Noon Yesterday (Wednesday).. Thats service IMO.. and he beat every competitor's price by at least $70 shipped.. I will have him summore business soon

We still need to hear from the OP first before any judgments should be made. He stated that he tried to call every day for a month and sent e-mails that were unreturned. If that's the case, regardless whether he put info in the box or not, it's dreadful customer service on the part of Iraggi.

It has been discussed many times on this forum before that Iraggi can be very hard to get ahold of. This just seems to be yet another example. While he apparently makes a great product I would be very weary of ordering.

I hope two things come of this:

1.) The OP learns to take care of details and includes the correct info from now on.

2.) Iraggi learns to take card of details and follows up with their customers.

If one, or both, of the above had happened this situation never would have come about.

Does this happen to be your alternator?
IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

We have had this alternator here since May. We have been looking at it in our holding area everyday since then. There was no letter' date=' address or customer name anywhere on or in the box. The UPS label just says "The UPS Store". How were we supposed to know who it belonged to?

I didnt find any emails or phone messages from you about your alternator. If I did, you would have had it back several months ago.

I apologize for your inconvenience but there should have been some information packaged with the alternator.

We will get it replaced with a brand new unit and shipped back to you this afternoon. Typically we would just repair and ship back.

If ANY other customers have ANY problems with our products, please email and it will be taken care of asap. Some problems require the cooperation of the consumer to take electrical measurements and correct potential wiring or system problems to correct any issue you may be having.

Dominick Iraggi[/quote']

would appear to be the case, from the correct store... Now as far as a new unit comming to me, i have no interest.... The alt was packed and shipped by the ups store to avoid any "problems" and about 4 emails had been attached as well as the paypal info and ebay auction info... They were pierced with a wire tie and attached to one of the through bolt holes...

I am not an idiot i would not blindly send a $400 piece of equipment in the mail without any information at all with it.

Its funny that you come here after it could affect future sales. Lets speak the truth here dom... I did call several times and i left multipull emails... I even kept asking to confirm that you recieved it... There is 0 chance that you dont have any phone calls from me or emails.... If you say this then your just stating a lie...

As far as sending a new unit out i have no interest its been way too long, you can keep your unit and refund my money. I already have a working alt. I want my money.... i would prefer not taking legal action to get it but if need be then that will be done.

Oh and i also just called the ups store... they have my info... and info on that package still... They just told me they couldnt give info out but they could make contact with me if need be...

As far as the return addy saying "the ups store" i just called to see how much info i could get and they offered to contact me... I am in their system.. I also then told them about this situation and complained about the lack of my info on the label. It should of been there but someone decided to be lazy and not enter the info in. I'm sorry about that but i know i left that store the alt with attached papers and all my info since im in their computers. any time you go to the ups store you give them a phone number and they have all your info then you write it down again on the packing slip.... I know it was there... and even if not why wasnt the package returned to the sender? even if it was the ups store and it wasnt fixed i would of known about the problem with the label...

Im glad it all worked out too. The problem is that people will still talk smack even tho we didnt do anything wrong.
whats worked out ? I even just claled and no one would answer the phone ?????? wtf ? are you really serious ? When you screw people out of stuff talking smack comes easy. You then come here saying oh its worked out oh im sending a enw alt. 6 months later and no it isnt worked out...

Ya know someone at Irragi could of just called the UPS Store in Sacremento and gave them the UPS tracking number right off the label and they could of seen who sent it. But that would of taken like' date=' what....2 min ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif[/quote']
claims he did, hey that isnt the best store in the world but wheni just called they offered to contact me... I spoke to an indian guy who i couldnt understand well but was more then happy to help me out...

see how quickly something can get taken care of when the right people get invloved? Meglo saw this and then brought it to my attention....now less then a day later its handled.
BTW: ive had very few problems since ive used Doms alts and ive been running them since 2002 (honda) and 2004 in my tahoe. The one problem i had was probably my fault but Dom fixed it anyway and back in my hands in 1 week. He really is stand-up kinda guy. (ive got probably 10 people locally including friends and they have no issues either)

One thing you guys dont understand sometimes is that Alternator issues dont start or end at the Alt itself. I would hate to be an alternator salesmen/builder and have to send my product out to thousands of people not knowing what the hell is in their ride, what experience they had with a system that requires an HO alt, what batterys they run and how old (5h!tty) they are......all Dom knows is some kid ordered a 250 amp alt and thats it. Sometimes products DO break and he takes care of that.......but a return address and a note about your problem is always helpful. I always do it no matter what im sending in for repair.
Well you bring him allot more business then i do so im not shocked that he does return your calls and whatnot. There was plenty of info attached to the alt its self... I dropped the alt off at the ups store to pack and ship. I filled out all their forms and let them ship it...

I would think that the right people were involved myself and dom... that should of been enough to get the problem resolved in the first place. while i appreciate you bringing this to his attention as he decided to comment on it now and acknowlage the problem.

I am very glad that the rumors was not true. I figured with alot of world finals coming around he had to prioritize which may of set mine back a couple of days. Hopefully I'll get it today. I emailed you Dom. can you let me know if mine has already shipped?
Rumors ? feel safe if you wish but im not the only person who had this exact same problem and heard the same thing.... Of course when brought to the puclic attention on a board that generates most of the guys business he is going to try and save face...

in all honesty, maybe Dom could have someone pick up the phone more often, but not having a return address with a name with a description of the problem makes life hard. Dom doesnt sell 1 alt at a time he sells 100's of them and believe me i know what its like for an email to get lost in the mix.
in the future, if anyone has a problem with their iraggi alt, please contact me with your problem and maybe we can work it out before it comes to this. Sometimes i also get the answering machine, no favorites here, but i know i can get a problem handled sooner then 4 months.
If i were you i would wanna get paid for that service...

maybe but dont you think if UPS had that info to begin with it would already be on the label?
ups wont ship anything without senders info... i have no clue why it wasnt on the label but it was in their computer system

We did call the UPS store' date=' they didnt have any linking information between him and the tracking number.[/quote']
they told me they could contact a sender but not give info out...

Pretty Lame to complain about the situation but not have the common sense to supply a note or letter stating what is wrong with the alternator and how you could be contacted with the package sent to Iraggi. UPS would not have any information since the thing was dropped off at their customer counter for shipment
I think Iraggi handled the matter professionally and did what they could to identify the sender.

Why the phone calls and emails were not returned is another matter and should be clarified by Iraggi, even if they did not know what he was talking about they could have replied and asked for clarification

Seems like mis-communication on both parties behalfs.

UPS wont ship anything without filling out forms and confirming what they are shipping. I'm in their system as stated before... i think its lame that

you sit there and comment about a situation in witch this entire board is being lied to about. I really dont give a crap who believes who and what not...

No letter in the box,no reciept ?........NOOB...Lesson learned I am sure.....

read above....

Glad it got figured out and I didnt even have to go the shop lol. If he is sending you a new unit, you could at least just sell it and make your money back.....

Dom, like flipx asked, do you sell locally? I live just down the road from your shop.

all i know is that UPS required me just 2 days ago that i include a contact phone number on my shipment before they would take the package.......

so i know they always have some form of contact...and fedex does the same...

the package doesnt have the sender info, so good luck with legal action, if anything the lawyer would laugh at you for not paying attention to that little detail. As for wanting your money back... it's a little ridiculous since the reason why you didnt get it back was your fault. So just get it back and sell it, I'm sure someone could use a new Alt

the package doesnt have the sender info, so good luck with legal action, if anything the lawyer would laugh at you for not paying attention to that little detail. As for wanting your money back... it's a little ridiculous since the reason why you didnt get it back was your fault. So just get it back and sell it, I'm sure someone could use a new Alt
legal action probably not, i agree.

however i think you need to reread his post...he gave UPS the info...THEY didnt put it on the package AND his note was not attached to the alternator like he left it. he gave them the info and payed them to package it up and ship it for him...

your an idiot... not a single thing in this was my fault... You should be reading the entire post or at least the first post where it even shows ups informing me via email that it was sent it also had my info on there... they have my info and dom had my info i even emailed him the tracking info copied the email ups sent me into one to him.... This isnt the first time this has happened with iraggie alt... If you feel he is running such a good business by all means order from him be his customer ride his **** a bit more... i dont care but when you end up screwed dont let anyone hear about it cause you have been warned just like anyone else who has read this..

Also i saw dom was looking at this thread a couple tiems since i posted my initial response. I got a tracking number via email that its going to be here next week.

Dom, i have no interest in a alternator that does me no good. It might as well be a paperweight. Keep your alt and refund my money... Finally getting an alternator over 6 months later does me no good since i had one turned for me that works great....

I personally opened the package when it originally was delivered. There was nothing inside the box or attached to the alternator.......Thats why I cut the label off the box and kept it with the alternator. I didnt know who it came from. I looked up the zip code on the label in our shipping records and was unable to tell anything from that either. I called the UPS store and I guess I got a lazy person on the phone, they said no information was available.

I apologize for the hastle but we did just about all we could do except wait for a call or email from a customer wondering where there alternator was. Believe me, your not the first to ship an alternator without return info.

As far as a refund, your best bet is to sell your alternator to someone that has a similar vehicle. It will fit many Chrysler/Dodge vehicles. If you need a list of what they are, let me know.

I'm just curious about the alleged failure to respond to phone calls and emails?

This isn't the first time we've heard these concerns, but Dom has never replied with anything substantive even admitting that these areas are issues.

Many of us are in the market for these things, but personally, when I send a company an email and they don't reply, they get crossed off my list. If they won't respond to potential customers, how will they respond once they have your money in hand?

For this reason alone, at least 3-4 companies have been crossed off my alt-shopping list.

am i the only person that has been able to contact dom first time i tried calling him no problem? i had one question when installing my alternator and it has been fine since (called about my chyrsler you built it before you had a plug for the regulator so the two wires were hardwired inside, ended up being it didnt matter they didnt have polarity)

as far as my experiece has gone id buy another one without thinking twice... but ive seen them royally screw a good friend of mine with an alternator with rusted internals and the list goes on...

and shipping without a note... kinda dumb

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

WantedIsHere
Cali
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date