does the volume of the sub box have to match the recomended by sony for the sub?

dellxps
10+ year member

the sub box that i have is approx 35.40L and the reccommended volume by sony for the sub that i have as well is 28L. is there any way to add 7L of volume to the box to maximize the quality of the sound or, does it even matter as long as its ballpark. please let me know. and will 2" of mounting depth work for speakers for a 1994 jeep grand cherokke. and is the pioneer deh 4200ub a reputable deck.

I like the 4200 pioneer deck, awesome for quick searching your ipod. 2" speakers will fit fine and the box it to big for the sony if you want to stay at the perticulat htz recomended in the specs. Is the box sealed or ported?

It will....that's 1400watts peak.....aka LSP...lightning strike power....if lightning struck the amp it will do 1400 watts and melt....that's the only time yoju will sniff 1400watts....rms is like 450watts....still plenty loud

this thread was a waste of time... I want my 42 seconds back.

fenixaudio

you have no model number of the amp, sub and interior speakers so you can say what will work and what wont?

dellxps I would not take this persons advice.

Now if you would like advice post the MODEL numbers of the products you would like to use and then others can give you their advice.

Pls, dude its a sony 1400 amp. Speakers max at 200 watts....models do matter but you will be fine running the speakers off of the deck. And you use thespeaker outputs off of the deck. Run it this way for a bit and see if you like it. Most people on this forum are into everything being amplified and as loud as possible. My advise is good, I haved been installing and selling this stuff for years professionaly and not everyone needs have 130db in there car to ednjoy it.

THIS YES

this thread was a waste of time... I want my 42 seconds back.
fenixaudio

you have no model number of the amp, sub and interior speakers so you can say what will work and what wont?

dellxps I would not take this persons advice.

Now if you would like advice post the MODEL numbers of the products you would like to use and then others can give you their advice.

THIS NO

Pls, dude its a sony 1400 amp. Speakers max at 200 watts....models do matter but you will be fine running the speakers off of the deck. And you use thespeaker outputs off of the deck. Run it this way for a bit and see if you like it. Most people on this forum are into everything being amplified and as loud as possible. My advise is good, I haved been installing and selling this stuff for years professionaly and not everyone needs have 130db in there car to ednjoy it.
Put it this way. Obviously you are on a serious budget. You have very little knowledge of car audio. Post up the make and model number of everything you have, and we will further be able to guide you as to what your best options will be on the least amount of money.

Thanks for comin out.

Man, you guys are in attack mode. OP...these guys are vultures you will be fine. I was assuming thedeck was a deh 4200ub,ts a1672 or 42 speakers and a normal ******* sony sub amp. I m/ean come on people not everyone has 2k watts or the need for it...

So much fail in this thread. Nothing but newbs tryin to give advice when they themselves know not of what they speak. best of luck op, sorry but im not even gonna try lol

Speakers power by a head unit can sound ok, but I would think this guy wants a little better than OK.

A typical head unit is rated at 20 watts rms per channel at anywhere from 2-10 % T.H.D. whereas a decent quality amp may be capable of 50 watts rms per channel at 0.05-0.1% distortion. A $100-150 4 channel amp is capable of 2.5 times the rms power while having 40-200 times less T.H.D.

Amped vs. nonamped setups may sound very similiar at low volumes, but at high volumes they can sound very different, you can say what you want but most people will disagree.

You keep talking about peak and max ratings which mean nothing.

No ones in attack mode, this guy is asking for advice and we think you aren't giving great advice.

All Im saying is that in my opinion a $100 deck and a $100 amp will make speakers sound better than a $300-400 deck running the speakers on internal power.

We are not telling him to get 2000 watts, have a 130+ db system or spend tons of money.

example of a budget amplifier:

Bazooka BA460 4-Channel Car Amplifier

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.