Subs are TRIPPING!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

srh1605

Hey sorry if I don't know much but when I'm playing my stereo at almost top volume the subs will be hitting and then out of nowhere they will JUMP up and hit almost like they start getting too much power. I am wondering what causes this? if you need more info please let me know. Thank you

please provide us with as much information about your entire car stereo system as possible.

subs how many / what are they - and the sub voice coil configuration - and the wiring ohm load to your amps

amp - what is it make and model - running bridged , or ?

head unit

what your definition of almost top volume is

if your amp has bass boost - and if your using it

your wiring on the car

and any additonal batterys

and your cars voltage when this is happening...

and if it is happening all the time on any song - or is it just certan songs ?

this is called clipping.... you sub is at its full potential.. and then the coil jumps out of control and the sub looks like it moves as far as possible from one way to the other right???? you need more power than... that fixes the control of the sub. Mine use to do it on 5k but not on 16k

there is a lot of variables like brian is trying to figure out but maybe you are clipping the crap out of your system. Maybe it is time to upgrade to a bigger system if you are having to turn the volume all the way up and it might not be loud enough for you as is.

trippin.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.