Dodge Ram center console enclosure...need design help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nubster

I want to build a box for an SA-10. It will be in place of my center console in my QuadCab Dodge Ram 1500. Right now, actual dimensions for the console are 20L x 15W x 8 T giving me about 1.3 ft^3 of space. Of course I can make the box whatever I need to accommodate the subs I've chosen. Only measurement that can't be changed is the 15" width because the box has to fit between the front seats.

What I need help with is deciding ported or sealed box. If sealed, I guess the build would be really simple as I'd just need to build a box at .5*ft^3 per sub. Now if ported is the way to go, I know I'd need 1.0 - 1.25 ft^3 but the porting is where I'm clueless. Sundown suggests tuning to 35Hz I think. I have no idea how to do that.

Also, the way the brackets are mounting the console to the floor, I'd use those to mount the box and it would give me 2" of space between the bottom of the box and the floor.

I appreciate any help you can give.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.