No fader in dodge caliber with standerd amplifier and Pioneer radio

Participant count
  • Participant list
So another adapter i
I just saw this on another adapter -->
Capture+_2023-02-26-01-09-24.png

So you may already have this adapter. Bummer.

Ok. Since it is a factory amp, the installer should have used an aftermarket radio install harness. Basically it wires into the new radio, and then just plugs into the car's radio harness. No need to cut wires on the car. With this adapter harness, the RCAs are not used and you keep your fader control. It looks like this -->
View attachment 47369
Since your car has factory a amp, it would have to be a more specific harness, something like this -->View attachment 47370
That looks different what I have. I certainly don’t have that adapter.

Thank you gentlemen for research. I will check the wiring my self and have a look if it is still possible to place the set with the adapter.
it will cost me offcourse which is no problem but is it an idea to go back to original radio with phone option? Both possibilities will cost money and time but with which choice do I have the most best result in user certification?

A lot of old dodges have factory crappy infinity amps just connect amp blue wire in harness and it turns it on ....the caliber is too old to have all that fancy canbus crap ....should be basic 2 piece or 1 piece dodge aftermarket radio plug ....

A lot of old dodges have factory crappy infinity amps just connect amp blue wire in harness and it turns it on ....the caliber is too old to have all that fancy canbus crap ....should be basic 2 piece or 1 piece dodge aftermarket radio plug ....
Thanks L CRX for you’re help although I don’t get it that easy. By coincidence tomorrow I go to an installer who will help me with this. All you’re ideas and help will I show him. You will be hearing from me.

It looks like Chrysler went to more modern stuff in the Calibur ..i was thinking it was more basic like the Neon ....This should be the proper harness that you need .....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230410-102546.png
    Screenshot_20230410-102546.png
    226.3 KB · Views: 16
Hello all of you,

unfortuanally as mentioned before it isn’t possible to get fader with this setup: Pioneer radio 4 way output and a factory amp on board. They didn’t get it working. I had some hope that they could do the job because they are a specialized radio installer. I have to live with it or buy another amplifer wich will cost me enough to decide not to do. It works with an original radio but than i don’t have hands free wich is a must.

Thank you very much gentlemen for you’re well ment good help.

Roy
Netherlands

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...