No fader in dodge caliber with standerd amplifier and Pioneer radio

Participant count
  • Participant list

DC2006

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello forum,
Maybe anyone of you can help me.
I bought a dodge caliber for my Sons, all very happy ofcourse but there is no fader for the back speakers.
It seems that the standerd AMP is not able to communicate with the radio.Is anybody families with this problem and what do i have to do to solve this.

Thanks in advance
Roy

Anyone?
The radio is an Pioneer DEH-S320BT with new firmware. There is an complete set of standerd speakers in the car and they all work.
any Ideas please

Anyone?
The radio is an Pioneer DEH-S320BT with new firmware. There is an complete set of standerd speakers in the car and they all work.
any Ideas please
Are there speakers in the back? If yes, then they may not be connected or burned out. If yoy have a multimeter, take a resistance reading. It should be 2-4 Ohms.

Last edited:
Thank you for youre respons. All speakers are working.
Dashboard high and mids, front doors bass, rear door high-mid and bass, trunk subwoofer and in the door high and mids. So all work.
I don't know what it is but is it possible that the pioneer radio not able is to work with the amp to separate the speakers?

All speakers are working.
To clarify, all speakers are working but you have no fade option? If that is the case, then the installer may have used the rear channels as subwoofer outputs. I do not remember if you lose the fade option when you set the rear channels to subwoofer output. Check the settings for Subwoofer On/Off.

Thank you,
In the radio the subwoofer is set on on…
What I know is that I have one subwoofer in the trunk rear right.
I’m sorry but I do not understand you.
“The installer may have used the rear channels as subwoofer”
Is that the wiring or the settings in the pioneer radio you mean?

I’m sorry but I do not understand you.
“The installer may have used the rear channels as subwoofer”
If you are using an amplifier, it requires 2 or 4 RCA inputs. Some Pioneer radios only have 4 RCA outputs, no subwoofer output. So they give you the option of using the rear RCAs as subwoofer outputs. That is where you lose your fader option.

Ah that so o need a different radio! With more outputs. Any suggestions?
Thank you for you’re great support.
To be honest, most car audio enthusiasts do not use the rear channels. If they do, it is to use them as midrange and the front channels as treble. If the soud output is good as it currently is, I would leave it as it is.
Btw, the system is using the standerd amplifier in the car(trunk)
Do you mean the amp is a factory unit?

The pioneer head unit that you have has 2 sets of rca outputs. I assume that one set is ran to the subwoofer, that leaves one set for the rest of the speakers. You will not have front to rear fade with that setup.

The pioneer head unit that you have has 2 sets of rca outputs. I assume that one set is ran to the subwoofer, that leaves one set for the rest of the speakers. You will not have front to rear fade with that setup.

Do you mean the amp is a factory unit?
Yes it is. As i sad it is a factory AMP.

@ Dragon, what you mention good be it. But what do i have to do, besides the solution to loose some speakers, to keep the system working complete and have fading?

It is a standerd Bosten set with standerd AMP in the trunk.

Beacause i want to use the phone function in my Pioneer DEH-S320BT radio, i have to have the fader function.
Why?
At this moment i have so loud sound on my front speakers, the incoming phone blows me out of my car. The problem is that the incoming phone is coming over the front speakers. That has to be that way otherwise the incoming phone is not working. So the installer fixed the wiring in a way to the front speakers to have my incoming phone. Again because of to much sound i want to have more sound behind me than in front of me. (It is also more relaxed listening) That’s why the fading is so important to me.

Thank you gentlemen for youre help in this........

You need to go back to your installer. There is an adapter that connects the pioneer to your factory amplifier. He has set it up incorrectly. ( gain is too high on the front channels). He may be able to reset the equipment that you already have to make it work to your liking. If not, At most all that you should need is a head unit with 3 sets of rca connections.

Thank you! Maybe back to original Radio?
About the adapter there is only an rp4 ch11 interface but so far i know that’s for the steering wheel buttons. Wich stopt working. So another adapter i don’t know. In the trunk there is the amplifier on the right and on the left there is a satelliet receiver.

Thank you! Maybe back to original Radio?
About the adapter there is only an rp4 ch11 interface but so far i know that’s for the steering wheel buttons. Wich stopt working. So another adapter i don’t know. In the trunk there is the amplifier on the right and on the left there is a satelliet receiver.
Ok. Since it is a factory amp, the installer should have used an aftermarket radio install harness. Basically it wires into the new radio, and then just plugs into the car's radio harness. No need to cut wires on the car. With this adapter harness, the RCAs are not used and you keep your fader control. It looks like this -->
Screenshot_20230226-004613.png

Since your car has factory a amp, it would have to be a more specific harness, something like this -->
Screenshot_20230226-010057.png

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...