Speaker suggestions for a 1998 Dodge 2500 quad cab

Participant count
  • Participant list

Briku

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi I’m new to car audio and am a newbie but am looking to learn. I am currently looking to upgrade both my front and and rear speakers but am not sure what to choose. I have been looking at a Rockford bundle which have the Punch P1694 6" X 9" 300W 4-Way + P1650 6.5" 220W 2-Way Full Range Coaxial Speakers. I am looking for quality sound but am not sure if these will deliver or if I would need an amp.
I am just looking to get started by upgrading my speakers and am planning to upgrade my stereo and such in the future. Thanks for your help in advance🫡.

Amazon has Infinity Reference 9630 Harmon refurbs on sale for $120 bucks. Compared these to several other brands and using an old NVX 2"/SB Acoustics tweet and XO at 1500hz, they sound great. If you can fit it, get a wide band 2" tweet, I was really impressed w/ how much wider and pronounced the sound stage is.

Also CDT has a few sales, the y have a wide band 2" tweet and 6x9 that lists a FR starting at 30hz so that would be a great bang for the buck/budget type build. I tried CDT and the lows on the 6x9 were pretty impressive. I do not have a sub anymore due to other issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...