Do you really need to?

ss3079
5,000+ posts

Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser
Up North
Is it true that if you run speakers of your HU that they should be the same brand because you get better SQ?? I dont really believe it, but I was wondering because I'm going to get some speakers, which will be ran off the HU at first because I dont wanna get a 4 channel yet, and I was wondering if I should buy the same brand of speakers as the HU...???

Let me be the first to tell you that's absolute ********. In fact the best speakers are made by companies that don't make HU's and vise-versa.

let me guess...the person that told you this was trying to sell you something. As stated in the previous post there is no correlation between the name brand head you use and the name brand speakers you choose.

hope this helps

heck, most of my systems usually contain up to 5 different audio labels. Nothing ever matches name brands. I'm assuming you probably went to Circuit City, I've encountered a few know it alls there. They tell you everything they have in stock is so much better. You catch them in the lie, and they pull out all these magazines to try and proove you wrong.

Originally posted by Phatillusion heck, most of my systems usually contain up to 5 different audio labels. Nothing ever matches name brands. I'm assuming you probably went to Circuit City, I've encountered a few know it alls there. They tell you everything they have in stock is so much better. You catch them in the lie, and they pull out all these magazines to try and proove you wrong.
Haha, thats amazing, I did go to Circuit City and encounter a know-it-all and they had no clue as to what they were talking about. Haha, it was kinda funny, and your right, he was trying to sell me some crappy Sony speakers, trying to talk me out of Infinity Perfects or Kappas.

And the magazine was whipped out too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I guess I'm Sh@$ out of luck then. I use a Denon head unit.

Haha no kidding. I have to say, it is quite funny to see these guys who know some of their sh*t whipping out a magazine, stuttering over their own words trying to explain that what they have in stock is better than anything else you will ever find trying to prove it with the mag. I mean, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I was told that: "JVC is the best company out there to make HU's, even better than Alpine, Kenwood, Clarion, and Pioneer" when I was asking a few certain questions about an Alpine HU.....lets just say I was like..."ok"....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.