Do I need a new head unit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TkdTy12

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently bought a JBL Stage A6004 (4x60w RMS 4ohm, 140w RMS bridged 4ohm) and a Bazooka BT8014 (6-150w RMS 4ohm) to go along with 2 DD Audio CX5.2s (60w RMS 4ohm). As the title says I wonder if I need a new head unit, I'm very new to the car audio world so any help would be appreciated. The amp has 4 RCA outputs, and my head unit has Front L and R, Back L and R so I would assume I can run the amp on my head unit, but I was not for sure. I have read that my head unit can run subs but not speakers with it, but I was not for sure. Any help is appreciated.

I have attached images to the post to give a better idea of what I am talking about input and output wise, I attached a picture of my head unit but the antena wire partially blocks the ports, so I got an image of a similar head unit to compare it to.

AMP: JBL Stage A6004 4-channel car amplifier — 60 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield
Sub: Bazooka BT8014 BT Series 8" 4-ohm Bass Tube® at Crutchfield
Speakers: DD Audio CX5.2 - (NLA-2019) | HiFi HQ | Australia (I had to email a place to get the RMS because I could not find it anywhere)
Head Unit: Jensen MPR2110 Digital media receiver at Crutchfield

Attachments

• Inkedg110MPR2110-M.jpg
    Inkedg110MPR2110-M.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Inked20220927_165914.jpg
    Inked20220927_165914.jpg
    621.5 KB · Views: 14
  • g109STA604M-o_other2.jpg
    g109STA604M-o_other2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 16
Yes your headunit can run that 4 channel in 3way. Like you want

You likely have a setting to switch the rear channel RCA to sub if not it doesn't matter you can run them full range to the amp and lpf the rear channels at the amp

Yes your headunit can run that 4 channel in 3way. Like you want

You likely have a setting to switch the rear channel RCA to sub if not it doesn't matter you can run them full range to the amp and lpf the rear channels at the amp

I think this is the easiest way for a beginner bass setup. Stock electrical.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...