Different door speakers

It's a stock headunit with navigation so id like to keep it. I'm not sure what's the power rating but id just like for it to sound better then the current kicker speakers I have mainly because they cut out until I turn it up and then they cut back in. So I'll be content with something that won't do thay

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's a stock headunit with navigation so id like to keep it. I'm not sure what's the power rating but id just like for it to sound better then the current kicker speakers I have mainly because they cut out until I turn it up and then they cut back in. So I'll be content with something that won't do thay
i understand and its frustrating but honestly i don't see ant aftermarket speakers actually doing very good. ill see if i can find a lowe input full range diver that would do off of 10-15 watts. tell us more about you car and the sound system. is it bose? etc..

I have 2 12 kicker l7s in the car but the issue is I don't want to add an amp for the voice but id like to have something that sounds good when i turn the subs off for like talk shows and stuff I listen to I'm looking drives so something that will give more then just voice like good mids because all I get now is really high pitched and it sounds awful
my hu is fine for mids and high pretty loud but my sq's don't play very low, some pioneer or rf and maybe the ct sounds will have some mid bass but u need hp xover set at alt least 80hz 6" speakers not gonna play much actual bass.. read reviews of some of those on amazon

i understand and its frustrating but honestly i don't see ant aftermarket speakers actually doing very good. ill see if i can find a lowe input full range diver that would do off of 10-15 watts. tell us more about you car and the sound system. is it bose? etc..
It's just stock for the Toyota Corolla premium I don't think there's a dofferent with the system other then navigation.

my hu is fine for mids and high pretty loud but my sq's don't play very low, some pioneer or rf and maybe the ct sounds will have some mid bass but u need hp xover set at alt least 80hz 6" speakers not gonna play much actual bass.. read reviews of some of those on amazon
SQs do play low, your install and tune is not good enough to bring that out. Why do i say that? I USED SQ before, they pound the midbass section easily. You cant expect anything out of head unit power when that driver is rated for 100+ watts and you throwing peanuts at it.

You havent even created the proper acoustical environment for any aftermarket speaker to play midbass either.

SQs do play low, your install and tune is not good enough to bring that out. Why do i say that? I USED SQ before, they pound the midbass section easily. You cant expect anything out of head unit power when that driver is rated for 100+ watts and you throwing peanuts at it.
they rated at 55rms each and i'm not only one here that has said they don't do well below 80hz.. that said i won a sheet of free gp deadner so sone day in june i may remove them and use 1/2 sheet per door see if that helps..

The ones I linked will likely be your best bet. And they are cheap enough to try.

But first you need to find out what is wrong with yours. Loose connection or blown.

If it's loose the new ones will likely not work either.

If it's blown you will likely blow new ones also.

I have 2 12 kicker l7s in the car but the issue is I don't want to add an amp for the voice but id like to have something that sounds good when i turn the subs off for like talk shows and stuff I listen to I'm looking drives so something that will give more then just voice like good mids because all I get now is really high pitched and it sounds awful
because your setup is completely and utterly wrong. You would have been 100x better off with your stock speakers. Most newbies dont have a clue on what an actual aftermarket system needs in order to sound good.

You need an aftermarket head unit or Digital Sound Processor if you want to retain factory head unit, Theres no work around for this. 100% you need this for any hopes of aftermarkets sounding good. Without it, you'll just get garbage sound no matter what you do because stock head units have their own built in EQ curve to make up for how cheap the stock speakers are so actually they work in harmony very well together. In your case, they boosted the treble frequencies so it sounds natural on the stock speakers but sounds like sh*t on the aftermarkets. Aftermarkets do not work well with the stock EQ curve at all. Also the stock speakers have a proper baffle and seal which redirects sound into the cabin and not let it turn into a distorted mess inside the car door.

This is the BARE minimum to get your speakers to produce any kind of decent sounding mids

they rated at 55rms each and i'm not only one here that has said they don't do well below 80hz.. that said i won a sheet of free gp deadner so sone day in june i may remove them and use 1/2 sheet per door see if that helps..
You drunk gramps, they cost 55 dollars for the pair but they arent rated 55 rms. They are 100 each, You throwing at best 15% of what they want to perform. They do fine in the proper environment and proper tune with proper power. I had 145 watts to each and when the kick drum snaps, you feel a deep, sharp kick piercing through your lungs.

watch the videos on my below post just to see whats the BARE minimum in order to get your door mids to sound half way decent.

No1UhL.jpg

The ones I linked will likely be your best bet. And they are cheap enough to try. But first you need to find out what is wrong with yours. Loose connection or blown.

If it's loose the new ones will likely not work either.

If it's blown you will likely blow new ones also.
I did connect them my self and I went back and checked the wires and there fine only the 2 front are doing that the rest are fine so I'm guessing they only work when they get so much power

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

what year is it?
It's a 2014

Peanuts. kmsl.
OP https://www.parts-express.com/tc-6024-6-1-2-treated-paper-cone-woofer-with-foam-surround-4-ohm--299-2196 it doesn't come with a crossover or tweeter but will give you much better midrange granted i don't know if you could drive it.

which brings me to the question. did you hook the kickers up? and dod you hook them up to the midrange speaker leads or the tweeter speaker leads?
Yes I hooked them up and the way this car has the wires they go from the headunit to the tweeters then from the tweeters it has 2 more wires that run to the speaker

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.