Right speakers louder than the left/ time alignment ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

logic227

My balance and fader is set to the center, but my component speakers tweeter and drive hit harder and are louder than the left. I have a double din Kenwood radio. My previous double din Pioneer radio was the same. I go to the backseat and I hear that the rear right speaker is slightly louder than the left too. Is it amp? Bi-directional amp is needed?

My balance and fader is set to the center, but my component speakers tweeter and drive hit harder and are louder than the left. I have a double din Kenwood radio. My previous double din Pioneer radio was the same. I go to the backseat and I hear that the rear right speaker is slightly louder than the left too. Is it amp? Bi-directional amp is needed?
f your levels aren't matched you will never get the proper image. you need to match your drivers output less than 1db among each other

What do I need to do though? I'm in the car now messing with the fader back and forth and the right not only sounds louder, but much clear. The right sounds "stereo" and the left speakers sound mono -_-

What do I need to do though? I'm in the car now messing with the fader back and forth and the right not only sounds louder, but much clear. The right sounds "stereo" and the left speakers sound mono -_-
Well that's a problem. Tare it down and rewire everything. From HU back.

I'm telling you if I dialed in a 1db shift on a narrow passband you wouldn't know. And yes I'm saying that. It's fact. You would be hard pressed to hear 3db at low volume.
ill take your word for it. i matched my gains with a rta within 1db. since then i've fucked with it since but i remember the setting and used my lil cheap mic/rta retune it. its not accurate at 130db but up to 100 110 is does fine..

ill take your word for it. i matched my gains with a rta within 1db. since then i've fucked with it since but i remember the setting and used my lil cheap mic/rta retune it. its not accurate at 130db but up to 100 110 is does fine..
What are you taking about? You don't have level control for every channel or EQ. So no you are not matched at 1db. Hell I don't think any car is since it will change when you move your foot on the RTA.

What are you taking about? You don't have level control for every channel or EQ. So no you are not matched at 1db. Hell I don't think any car is since it will change when you move your foot on the RTA.
i DO have level control for every channel. the EQing of each channel i don't have but after testing its not nearly as bad as you suggest. its pretty close with exception of the drivers side mid-bass simply because of axis.

do you want me to show you the difference in each side via the rta?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.