Did I crank it too loud? Or can I blame the eBay wiring kit..

Well my system has been running beautifully since October 22. So it's been almost three months of great sound. Then all of the sudden nothing.. The day before I had it up a little louder than usual, and I thought it might be the remote power wire coming loose but I checked all wires in the back of the head unit and amp and all was well, but still no power. So I thought oh well it's just a blown fuse, that's easy..

Until I opened my hood and realized the cable was completely disconnected ?

This is my first set of subs so I'm wondering if this is normal? It looks like the thing blew up ?View attachment 26554244View attachment 26554243

Probably those connections weren't tight enough. That causes heat/melting, and of course falling right out.

You'll be hard pressed to convince me this isn't just poor install.

The setup is 2 10" kenwood subs @ 300w each (max 1000w) at 4 ohm each. Hooked up to a mono d kenwood 1000w amp

The fuse is 60w

And yeah I think I may have needed to tighten the nuts down a little more. I was just worried about breaking the fuse. Could the loose connection cause the insulating rubber to melt???! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I'll get a new fuse tomorrow, and I'm going to cut the end off the wires and reconnect everything. The wire from the battery was about 10-11" so I'm cutting that down to 6-7 as well. Hope it helps.

Well my system has been running beautifully since October 22. So it's been almost three months of great sound. Then all of the sudden nothing.. The day before I had it up a little louder than usual, and I thought it might be the remote power wire coming loose but I checked all wires in the back of the head unit and amp and all was well, but still no power. So I thought oh well it's just a blown fuse, that's easy.. Until I opened my hood and realized the cable was completely disconnected ?

This is my first set of subs so I'm wondering if this is normal? It looks like the thing blew up ?View attachment 26554244View attachment 26554243
Wtf?

You blew your ear drums cranking it to loud?

And your the idoit that bought the ebay kit.

Dude you have more sense than this. Come on

Wtf?You blew your ear drums cranking it to loud?

And your the idoit that bought the ebay kit.

Dude you have more sense than this. Come on

Ok enough with the insults to the poor guy.

He never said he blew his eardrums...unless you were being sarcastic, which wouldn't surprise me.

He came to the right place for help...and that's exactly what YOU didn't do.

Let's start over. Need to know the biggest wire that amp can accept. Then buy another amp install kit or just rework that one if money is tight and redo everything. Go back and make sure all connections are tight. You really can't break a ANL fuse if it's too tight....but not tight enough so that you can't change the fuse out but also tight enough that this won't happen again.

I would ditch the 60 amp fuse for a 100 watt one. Pretty obvious your drawing more current then what it can handle. Have you done the big 3 yet? What is your electrical like?

What is the specific amp model? How much amperage can it draw? What gauge & brand of wire do you have? You might need to go up in fuse size but only do so if the wire is capable of it.

Poor connection caused heat which caused it to fail. If it worked fine for months no problem. Put a new fuse in and make sure all connections are tight and your good to go

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.