detailer broke my sub. replacement options?

so you guys can see what i have going on. here are some pics. my only concern is that with the sundown ill have to remove the tire and maybe only take it along with me on long trips or something. maybe not. i wonderthat with so much flex from the sub i wont have enough room.

so you guys can see what i have going on. here are some pics. my only concern is that with the sundown ill have to remove the tire and maybe only take it along with me on long trips or something. maybe not. i wonderthat with so much flex from the sub i wont have enough room.
Remove the Hatch cover, and build up a false floor to frame up on each corner/not completely sealed with 1/2"-3/4 plywood or mdf and carpet the top..Easy to do, and will give you better bass response/output, and sound performance, as well as room for the sub to operate properly, and a sturdy platform for your dog to lay on or placing gear on top..Hinged to still gain access to your spare and or sub maintenance if need be

that is a good idea, but the hatch on the wrx is very small and i dont think id be able to get a full size false floor in/out if needed all the time. the floor panels in the back come in 3 pieces. Maybe i could someow do it with 2 pieces?

that is a good idea, but the hatch on the wrx is very small and i dont think id be able to get a full size false floor in/out if needed all the time. the floor panels in the back come in 3 pieces. Maybe i could someow do it with 2 pieces?
You build on top of it/an addition just the height of the 2x4 framing..You hinge it as it is now to gain access to your spare tire..Should be as a permanent type floor, though can be easily removed to go back stock if to ever sale the vehicle, by removing FRAMED/False floor,and placing the old trap door back in stock location.VERY EASILY DONE..Ive done several vehicles this way over the years..Acura Integra(92&93)(90) 240 sx, Maxima(99) Honda Accord(2000) ,CRV(99),and others,and is very inexpensive to do..Maybe $60-100 total for materials, and about 4 hours of your time

right i understand that i build on top of what is already there, but what if i need to take the floor out to do something in the back of the car. i think it would be difficult as the floor is wider than the hatch in certain spots but maybe im just tired lol

right i understand that i build on top of what is already there, but what if i need to take the floor out to do something in the back of the car. i think it would be difficult as the floor is wider than the hatch in certain spots but maybe im just tired lol
LOL..You may need to sleep on it..Its very easy...Just take some card board and cut it out to fit about 1/2" gap on each side for a template for your Plywood false floor base..Then remove the trap door..Get/cut a 2x4 about 4" shorter than the full length of the floor from back seat to rear of hatch floor giving you some opening space underneath..lay flat..screw down to existing floor..two screws at top and two at bottom, one 2x4 each side..take your plywood/mdf and trace the cardboard to cut it out..get some spray adheasive glue and place your new carpet on top of tht(find at home depot for like $20 bucks for a roll of approx 4-5Ft x 60"/grey,black,tan.)and place it down and you can smooth it out by hand or putty knife,or? wrap it and cut off excess..Screw down on top of 2x4s..Done

Just dont forget to cut out for the access door on new floor with hinges to gain access to spare tire, or you can place hinges to raise the entire false floor without cutting an opening for it..Just use the hinges on the plywood corners and attatch the false floor to 2x4s that way..be much easier

Not the best vid, but it will give you the idea for hinges to still gain access to spare tire..just frame it up on ea side to get some height for subs clearance without it rubbing, ect.

Just how do you "break" a sub?

Unless it was dropped by FedEx, ups, etc. A small puncture is still use able with some silicone or goop.

Now I have seen a sub enclosure built around the kept spare tire and thought that not only a cool idea but creative at the same time. Something to consider.

silversquared i would go that route but i dont want to lose any cargo space. Also have a 70 lb dog that travels with me frequently and i feel would somehow end up landing on the sub in a corner or something. and boomintahoe what do you mean "around the spare tire?"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.