detailer broke my sub. replacement options?

well i found a used sa 12 for 100 bucks. the mounting depth is 6 1/2 inches and the mounting depth i have to work with is just a little more than that. the box is 8 inches deep but id like to cut off about an inch
What vehicle is this in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea, i like how it is that way i dont lose any space in the back. plus i have dog. only probelm now is that the sub in the box i have sits about 1" to high and the cover does not sit flat

and i would not be opposed to buying a new 600w rms amp to power the sub
Probably would need to get a clean 1kW RMS amp. How's the money looking for that? I think you're catching the car audio bug! haha

I'd be all set with my setup, then my friend's speakers and amp went out, got him set up with some new stuff. Next think you know, I dropped $4k...BAAHHH! All ahead for you.

Probably would need to get a clean 1kW RMS amp. How's the money looking for that? I think you're catching the car audio bug! hahaI'd be all set with my setup, then my friend's speakers and amp went out, got him set up with some new stuff. Next think you know, I dropped $4k...BAAHHH! All ahead for you.
With his hatch lol I know I wouldn't have any cargo area left after I was done that's what the back seats for lol I was looking at the Saab aero 9-2x's but decided to just keep my money in the bank at the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not trying to go crazy lol. just want some nice decent bass in my car. the sub is rated at 600w rms so i think ill stick with that. no need to double it
So you think. It'd be nice if we could just match everything up on paper. Playing music, your sub won't be seeing the 600w. You need enough power to get the sub to reach full excursion, which depends on the sub itself and the box. You won't know until you do it. Good thing with more power is that you can always turn it down. With not enough power, you're stuck.

Not trying to be a jerk, but it looks like a pretty low end sub from what I found online. I would just try to get the same equivelant and not try to take advantage of the situation. A Sundown Sa for $100 used is worth more than that sub new. Just go for the same quality Orion and sleep better knowing your doing the right thing. After all the detailing company could have just told you the hole was there when the car showed up, and you couldn't do anything about it. If it were me though I would just patch the hole and ask for a discounted detail.

Not trying to be a jerk, but it looks like a pretty low end sub from what I found online. I would just try to get the same equivelant and not try to take advantage of the situation. A Sundown Sa for $100 used is worth more than that sub new. Just go for the same quality Orion and sleep better knowing your doing the right thing. After all the detailing company could have just told you the hole was there when the car showed up, and you couldn't do anything about it. If it were me though I would just patch the hole and ask for a discounted detail.
With all the recent threads popping up, this may add fuel to the fire! As much as playing Mother Theresa is fun, pretty sure he's getting a new sub.

It's about being a decent person. I'm not saying I've never taken advantage of a situation like this before, but as you get older your perspective on things change. Once again I'm not bashing the op, nor am I saying he's taking advantage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.