Soundqubed VS Rockford Fosgate

Hey guys let me start off by saying this is my first time on this forum. Im 16 years old doing a hell of alot of research trying to put together my first audio system. I drive a 02 Ford explorer.

I decided on running a single 15" subwoofer because i am a fan of deep bass/ spl but i am on a budget so i have nailed it down to 2 brands/subs. Please let me know what your thoughts are and which you think i should get.

Soundqubed HDS315 1200w RMS $169.00 SoundQubed HDS315

or

Rockford Fosgate P3 15" 600w RMS $183.00 Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate P3D2-15 Punch P3 DVC 2 Ohm 15-Inch 600 Watts RMS 1200 Watts Peak Subwoofer: Electronics

Basically what i am struggling with is the fact that both woofers always have gotten extremely good reviews BUT, soundqubed is new (too my knowledge) and less people have expierence with them. Should i get the soundqubed HDS315 with more power (1200w) for cheaper? Or go with a trusted brand which is less powerful and more expensive?

Let me know what yall think! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Hey guys let me start off by saying this is my first time on this forum. Im 16 years old doing a hell of alot of research trying to put together my first audio system. I drive a 02 Ford explorer.
I decided on running a single 15" subwoofer because i am a fan of deep bass/ spl but i am on a budget so i have nailed it down to 2 brands/subs. Please let me know what your thoughts are and which you think i should get.

or

Rockford Fosgate P3 15" 600w RMS $183.00 Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate P3D2-15 Punch P3 DVC 2 Ohm 15-Inch 600 Watts RMS 1200 Watts Peak Subwoofer: Electronics

Basically what i am struggling with is the fact that both woofers always have gotten extremely good reviews BUT, soundqubed is new (too my knowledge) and less people have expierence with them. Should i get the soundqubed HDS315 with more power (1200w) for cheaper? Or go with a trusted brand which is less powerful and more expensive?

Let me know what yall think! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif
What amp are you using?

What amp are you using?
I really want to try the VM audio amps either 2000watt or 3000watt because im guessing they are not true power ratings ill be happy if i get 1200 watts max out of one but im not sure, like i said im on a budget. :/ Ive heard fairly good things about them on amazon as well.

or

bigger number does not mean better. However in this case, its not the number its the build quality. HDS3 has a bigger and stronger voice coil, stronger motor, paper cone etc..

One question, what amp are you planning on using with this sub and DO you know how to build a proper enclosure for any of them?

I would lean towards the soundqubed then. It's slightly more robust than the Fosgate. I have no experience/knowledge with those amps so I have no idea what it put outs . If it puts out half of rated I'm not sure I would recommend sending that much power to a 2.5" coil. Especially if it's your first system.

bigger number does not mean better. However in this case, its not the number its the build quality. HDS3 has a bigger and stronger voice coil, stronger motor, paper cone etc..

One question, what amp are you planning on using with this sub and DO you know how to build a proper enclosure for any of them?
Yes i know how to make a basic Box according to the subwoofers specs, but eventually i want to build a downfiring box. I have to figure out how to build one first, shouldnt be too difficult.

or

well i have a friend who has an 02 explorer as well, 2 p3s in a box tuned to 30 hz, using a skar 2000.1 amp, and he set off 8 car alarms at once with it, as for soundqubed ive never had any experience with

Yes i know how to make a basic Box according to the subwoofers specs, but eventually i want to build a downfiring box. I have to figure out how to build one first, shouldnt be too difficult.
I have a feeling you are doing a sealed box.... wrong choice.. Downfire is not needed either, this is not home audio. That VM amp is junk stay away.

I have a feeling you are doing a sealed box.... wrong choice.. Downfire is not needed either, this is not home audio. That VM amp is junk stay away.
Definitely going to be a PORTED box haha, i heard down fireing was louder? I am pretty new too this bare with me, trying to learn all i can as fast as i can lol

Definitely going to be a PORTED box haha, i heard down fireing was louder? I am pretty new too this bare with me, trying to learn all i can as fast as i can lol
For an SUV, sub up, port facing rear hatch. Or both sub and port facing rear hatch. take measurements of how much room you have, I could link some designs you can use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.