Design: Type R's

its definately possible to do a 150 with two 12" type-R's, but for a daily setup its somewhat unrealistic.
TommyK burped over a 150 with a 10" type-R, but that wasnt in a daily stereo (aka it probably sounded like hell)

quit worrying about numbers for your daily setup, put two 12's in a box tuned low, and it'll sound good

if you are chasing numbers, prepare to have a shitty sounding system, and prepare to go through many, many different box designs. I'de reccomend learning to do it yourself.
i could always do that i wanna at least beat my last score of 143.9 with 1 12' and 1600 watts with stock front and alt and battery in back in 4ga wire so i figure double the power, double the wattage and add a woofer and watch ur number go up the 50 thing is a dream thats all in reality maybe a 49.9 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i could always do that i wanna at least beat my last score of 143.9 with 1 12' and 1600 watts with stock front and alt and battery in back in 4ga wire so i figure double the power, double the wattage and add a woofer and watch ur number go up the 50 thing is a dream thats all in reality maybe a 49.9 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
1) your not doubling you power

2)adding a woofer will help. Some.

3)you arent doing a **** thing to your electrical.

4)you better be a god at box building/designing

aka, its not gonna happen. you are gonna be running that PA amp on a stock alternator with a couple batteries, meaning you will probably have hard, hard voltage drops, and seein gthat amp is rated at 14.4 volts, you are going to be seeing a fraction of its rated voltage.

hitting a 150 in a trunk car is a lot easier than "ima add a sub and a bigger amp"

look at everything thorshammer has gone through with his trunk car.

good luck.

ok so glad i havent purchased it yet im lookin at a aq2200d also or sundown 1200 would like to get a 1500 but the cost too much and how about u. could you design my box. i plan on changing the 4ga and adding 1/0 guage with 2 kinetic 600s in the rear i wanna keep my spare tire

I wouldn't go for the 1200. It can take a beating, but Sundown even recommends NOT using it for competition... there are alot of good choices in that power range, at reasonable prices. The audioque should be MORE than enough amp... so that you can set your power level based on your voltage drop. Get it.

As far as cheap, loud subs... you can get 2 Type-R, Pioneer Champion PRO, Lanzar Opti, or Kicker CVX... or get one Hifonics Olympus, AQ HDC3, Fi BL. They'll all handle the power in a burp.

But like Gumby sez, you'd better spend your time in the trenches getting that box design perfect... because 150 is nearly impossible with that level of equipment (in normal cars). And yes, it will sound like a big bag of @ss, so think ahead for port-plugs or external ports.

dsc 2000.1 2200rms easily 315 shipped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif the type r subs will take 1000-1200 rms easily if the box is right.

but no way you will do it on what you have. even a fart box is gonna be tough.

if u want cheap power then get an Audiopipe 3000d they go for 300 bucks on ebay and they do rated power. add two stinger spv70 batts get a pair of 12inch audioque hdc3's and build a nice box and u should be close. and shouldnt run u more then a grand for that setup.

if u want cheap power then get an Audiopipe 3000d they go for 300 bucks on ebay and they do rated power. add two stinger spv70 batts get a pair of 12inch audioque hdc3's and build a nice box and u should be close. and shouldnt run u more then a grand for that setup.
spv70's weigh too much i had one before in there it made my car look funny in the back the audioque is a 2ohm stable amp as we have all seen in the thread they put out power but im pretty sure will go up in smoke at .5 ohms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.