Design for two 8's in a vented enclosure - 1998-2007 silverado extended cab

eskibro
10+ year member

So, I was playing with Google Sketchup today, and came up with a vented box that fits under the seat of my 2003 silverado extended cab. Raked the subs in to protect them from wandering feet and to experiment with reflecting sound waves off of each other (any input?). Ports in the center over the floor hump. I just threw them in there, so they're not to size yet. Forward firing everything. I'm just waiting for my dad to get back from Phoenix with his laptop. I have a copy of Autodesk Inventor on it that I'll use to remake the box in. That way I can get perfect volume calculations and what-not. (macs suk for that reason)

View attachment 26537547

I do a FAR less complex design. Its 2 separate boxes, subs and ports firing toward the sides, one box on each side of the transmission hump.

Also, by doing 2 boxes you leave the transmission hump open to mount an amp under the seat.

And this setup SLAMS. I tweak the boxs to work with whatever sub I'm using. Usually do Sundown SA8's, DD508's, or DD1508's. I just change the port area and tuning for each sub. The boxes range from 0.5-.7cuft net depending on the exact build.

Well, I downloaded Autodesk on my Macbook, and am currently running it through Parallels. I remade the box and found out i have 2.53ish ft^3 of internal volume. Using that, I modeled the ports, and tuned the box to a hair under 32 hz.

View attachment 26537579

Consruction is all 3/4" MDF except for the port walls which are 1/2"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.