need an experienced designer for 4th order

Bumpin Jetta
10+ year member

sup guys, thanks for checkin the thread. not new to car audio, or box building. but i do have limited experience with 4th orders. well, make that no experience. so i am looking for someone who can design one based on my dimension available, if even possible to make it work.

the car: 2006 jetta mkv

the subs: 2x audioque hdc3 10's (just ordered)

the powa: autotek 2000.1d (should be here tuesday)

looking to port through the rear deck with a couple aeros or one large aero. not sure if it even possible to make it work in my trunk without bulding it in the car. which i will not do. i know 80inches was big on 4th orders and was hella good at designing them. anyone else have a good track record? this is a daily vehicle. no comps for me. just rockin out with my AQ's out. listen to a good range of music. mostly hip hop and rock though.

Pretty sure those subs won't work very well in a 4th due to how stiff they are. I would do a regular ported box forward firing sealed from the trunk with lots of port area.

are you sure you would have enough space for 2 10's in a 4th order? I would say atleast 6 cubes overall would be likely.

I cant speak for the subs you have, but I have had 2 4th designs. My first was from 80 inches and the second following some info Fallen gave me. In both cases I wanted a musical box. I am not a guy who meters or does contests. I always like the sound of sealed boxes but wanted more output. In both cases my boxes didnt come out to be half as big as some guys were telling me they needed to be. Some of the ratios and box sized arent right depending on your goals. These 3:1 and 4:1 ratio and 7 cube boxes are sometimes way out of line for your goals. My last box ended up being under 3 cube for a pair of 10's in a 4th, but being loud as **** wasnt my goal. Just pick a good designer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.