Decided to build a system.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Door panels look pretty sweet. I've never taken that plunge on any of my builds. Did you get the sub installed?
Thanks, they came out allright for first time. Youre supposed to wrap them with fake leather but that requires special adhesive and a paintgun and most importantly skill. For painting, the surface really has to be perfect smooth. Lots of imperfections on mine but it was a good learning experience.

No sub for now, gotta organize cables on the false floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3785032bb4b385582c9c0216aa960980.jpg

c01c3c652f0d40406f3f9a4fe434d0f5.jpg

83e92aad5b9fcb6c1e8605e33a8a8105.jpg

Set the gains on the pg amp using a 1000hz 0db sine at volume 62. Ended up setting it to 10 oclock which is right around 5v which is what the hu outputs. Then i sat in the car, closed doors and windows and played deep house at max volume for 30 min which made for an interesting experience.. i was checking if the speakers got hot or started smelling but they didnt, therefore i can confirm gains are set to a reliable level.

Organized cables a bit..its not perfect but better than having a snake nest in your trunk

check out that homemade ghetto lug. Its solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
My pg needs a hell of a signal to come alive..
Why do you say that? What speakers do you have?

Wouldn't the correct level depend on the headunit? mine outputs 5v signal, so 10 oclock seemed about right. I couldn't tell for sure if clipping was present beyond that point, but the sine got uncomfortably loud and changed in tonality, so I believe it did start clipping. Then again, my doors were closed so the sound was bouncing all around the place, I'll try it out with doors open some time.

I'm sure I could turn it up to 12oclock and my speakers would take it(listening to music, not sine), I just didn't feel like messing around with that 1000hz sine anymore..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't the correct level depend on the headunit? mine outputs 5v signal, so 10 oclock seemed about right. I couldn't tell for sure if clipping was present beyond that point, but the sine got uncomfortably loud and changed in tonality, so I believe it did start clipping. Then again, my doors were closed so the sound was bouncing all around the place, I'll try it out with doors open some time.

I'm sure I could turn it up to 12oclock and my speakers would take it(listening to music, not sine), I just didn't feel like messing around with that 1000hz sine anymore..
im pretty sure i could destroy my speakers. lol i have mine around 10 o'clock on the mids and 8 on the tweeters then i adjust the level from the head unit for there to match them its clean up until the CD player distorts. i cant wait to get the kenwood ddx6903 and probably the new zapco processor..

you answer your question the input impedance makes a difference and the gain itself is different among amps. these are know to have a higher input impedance so you have to use more gain for the same input.

speakers look good to me.. i didn't see sub u said it's a kenwood? sealed or ported? get a pioneer 3003 like mine $70 ebay port it & that amp will do great on it cause it has 96db rating..

speakers look good to me.. i didn't see sub u said it's a kenwood? sealed or ported? get a pioneer 3003 like mine $70 ebay port it & that amp will do great on it cause it has 96db rating..
it's ported. for now I just wanna work with what I have and learn to tune the system.

bass is good but it's kinda expensive and the goal of the system is to be a good sounding system inside the car and still be able to get really loud with open doors, rather than just a bassmobile like most people. basically, for me - mids/highs>bass

definitely I wanna be able to do hairtricks and play decaf music but for now I'm gonna just try to perfect what I have and go from there..

my install was pretty bad.

lesson learned leave 8 inch mids in the wooden box where they belong.

i was a young idiot. now, older and less idiot, lets try again!

car 2020 suburu, while everyone installs fancy androids, im getting rid of the factory HU in favor of the deh80 i got laying around. The 1987+ Toyota/Subaru Harness(hopefully the right one) arriving shortly. Don't wanna shell out for the steering control module and deal with a bunch of wiring, so, losing steering wheel controls. Back up camera, that can go too.

whatever i do it has to look presentable can't be doing no **** like last time
AR-AM060_JORDAN_G_20160203123002.jpg

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...