Decided on sub, now for the amp

Id pair it with a cab 1600.1 and keep gains low.

Matching setup ftw

Yeah jacob abuses the **** out of his woofers in R and D with ridiculous free air tests. if they dont survive, he doesnt use it. Normal people dont even get close to running 3 or 5x rms to their sub.

Id pair it with a cab 1600.1 and keep gains low.Matching setup ftw

Yeah jacob abuses the **** out of his woofers in R and D with ridiculous free air tests. if they dont survive, he doesnt use it. Normal people dont even get close to running 3 or 5x rms to their sub.
I know now that I should have just gone with the CAB1600, but maybe I can switch it out later. I ended up with the SAE1000D from Sundown because I assumed 1000-1200 watts would be more than enough for a 750w sub.

I know now that I should have just gone with the CAB1600, but maybe I can switch it out later. I ended up with the SAE1000D from Sundown because I assumed 1000-1200 watts would be more than enough for a 750w sub.
havent you listen to a thing a guy that actually owned an Ultra said? It laughed at 1200 rms. Straight up laughed at it. The SAE is the weak chinese line of sundown btw. SCV is their proper line. So basically you just overpaid for no good reason other than to have a sundown brand attached to your build.

I have no idea which ones are "good" anymore.
Can y'all help point me in the direction of a few decent amps that will push this SA 12 well...so I am not sure what budget amps are worth their salt.
Twisted, ampere, dc, sundown all have something around that power and in budget

The SAE is the weak chinese line of sundown btw. SCV is their proper line. So basically you just overpaid for no good reason other than to have a sundown brand attached to your build.
You are the first one in this thread to mention anything about SAE being chinese junk before I ordered the Sundown. I Specifically said I am a complete newb again with these amps and that I know NOTHING.

Lastly, there is a thread showing the SAE on a dyno putting out at a certified 1000w RMS or more, so it's not like I Just went straight to SA and assumed it was all awesome. I did a little research

You are the first one in this thread to mention anything about SAE being chinese junk before I ordered the Sundown. I Specifically said I am a complete newb again with these amps and that I know NOTHING.
they arent junk, just a good bit lower quality than the scv line which is zenon. We already said our piece bud, you made the decision all on your own without regarding what others have said. Espcially one that owned an ultra.

they arent junk, just a good bit lower quality than the scv line which is zenon. We already said our piece bud, you made the decision all on your own without regarding what others have said. Espcially one that owned an ultra.
Well, I ordered the CAB 1600.1. I guess I'll either try to return the SAE or just sell it on eBay if CAB won't take returns on unopened boxes.

The sae is a good amp....at 1ohm. It does plenty of power, and is robust as possible for a chinese amp. But they arent nearly as stout wired low or taking other abuse. Still a good amp.

Id personally want more juice on the ultra. If you use the cab, set it clean.

no by the time you actually hear and recongnize distortion the sub's already burnt to a crisp. I'd suggest reading up EVERY way you can on how to properly set gains.
Gotcha. I am having a reputable shop build the enclosure and install the system. Thiwill be the seceond one they have done for me. They were very receptive at showing me what they have done and the limits of the system. I'll make sure to discuss all of this with them.

Asking a 2.5" coil to handle 1600w is asking alot. Asking it to handle 1600w clipped, is asking for thermal failure.

If it is set unclipped, you are fine

I haven't seen sundown in person yet but the utube videos of them are pretty impressive.. as someone else said with subs "THE BOX IS KING".. I've seen $9k systems hit 145db and $2000 systems hit 150 because of box.. a $5000 sub don't sound good out of a box so get a good well tuned ported box and all u need is 400rms or more..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.