Dan Wiggin's (Adire Audio) rules for Car Audio

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif When Harley's come from the factory they aren't already loud. They are actually quiet. It's just the fact that when people buy them they usually don't let them leave the showroom floor without a new exhaust.

no **** you parkave. i never said i bump in neighborhoods and stuff. i find it funny when im at a stoplight with a dually or a motorcycle and i turn my **** up and they look at me like im the one annoying
you are. just as (if not more) annoying than the retarded exhaust.

Diesel engines are naturally loud from the factory...your systrem wasn't. Stop comparing apples to oranges.
some of the new diesels are VERY quite..

if it comes loud then its ok. engine and exhaust is ok, motorcycles are ok. when im in the car with my son im like **** that bike is loud and annoying, but its ok since it came factory. your a douche. when im smoking outside my apartments i would rather hear a little boom then a prelude shitting out rice.
i would rather hear neither. i don't care WHAT you think is good music. i don't need to hear it. same as exhaust. guess what.. your car/truck/bike doesn't sound good to me. (and yes, i do love stereo's and music:) i just hate ignorant little shitheads like the above ruining a good hobby, and forcing stricter policys against us:(

honestly the issue comes to this...people will ***** and complain about EVERYTHING.
i ****ing hate it when a harley zips by me (yes i have actually had to cover my ears with my hands on the FREEWAY ie, it was ****ING LOUD!) but i view it as "that his idea of enjoyment. who am i to ***** at him doing what he finds fun?" so you wont hear me calling cops and complaing to them about **** like this. people just need to be a little more forgiving IMO.

i do have a problem with people bumping in residential areas and stop lights at the dead of night as that is just disrespectful. but before 9pm or so i view it as, i let your hobbies slide, you let mine slide. i still wont bump when there are lots of people around because i think its stupid, but im not gonna think someone is stupid for doing it so long as they're not TRYING to get attention to look "cool" or some ****.

just my .02c
the problem is most people ARE simply trying to look "cool"? with there stereo.

George, your post is too long. i need cliffs for that...
no cliffs, no read, right?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

George, your post is too long. i need cliffs for that...
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

fine. i respect people. i would hope they would have the courtesy to respect me (wont change how i act if they choose not too). i have no problem with people who play their **** once they are in motion away from a stop sign/light. i have a problem with people who blast in residential neighborhoods and i have an even bigger problem if its late at night.

parkave: i agree, lots of people for some reason are attention *****s. i can really only account for my own actions.

I think lots of people get involved for the attention (myself included, but what 16 yo doesnt want attention?) , and usually the incessant/disrespectful blasting of music is done by the younger... "enthusiast"

it seems like a self correcting problem.. most seem to grow out of it by 20 yo or so

No, but it doesn't come like that from the dealership. No sense in talking about ifs and buts that don't exist.
Also, exhaust and such doesn't throw profanities into the air the way that 90% of "thumpers" do. Some 6 year old kid coming home from tee-ball doesn't need to hear about bitches, drugs, fucking hoes, killing niggaz, etc.
I think you'd be surprised at how loud some factory systems can get these days. But, that's beside the point I was making, and that you did your best to skate around. Is the ordinance suppose to improve the noise levels in the streets, or merely deter people from buying/using car audio equipment?
If the ordinance is not about lowering noise levels, but merely about singling out car audio enthusiasts, its unconstitutional. If its about noise levels, it should apply to all vehicles, from the factory or not.

Should I be able to bump Christian Rap as loud as I want? Should someone playing Roger Whitaker be able to bump louder than someone playing Lil John? Who exactly would determine what is acceptable to be played loud, and what isn't.... you? Get my point?

Im sorry, normally you and I see pretty eye to eye... but I dont think you understand the point of these noise ordinances. You sound exactly like the people who come up with car audio laws to single us out. Again, thats just what you, as a car audio enthusiast, should be against. If someone tried to make a law only limiting the db level of Harley Davidsons, and nothing else, Id be against that too.

I think lots of people get involved for the attention (myself included, but what 16 yo doesnt want attention?) , and usually the incessant/disrespectful blasting of music is done by the younger... "enthusiast"it seems like a self correcting problem.. most seem to grow out of it by 20 yo or so
I agree. Once they've lost some of their hearing or their system's been stolen a few times they seem to learn. It took both before I learned.

I think you'd be surprised at how loud some factory systems can get these days. But, that's beside the point I was making, and that you did your best to skate around. Is the ordinance suppose to improve the noise levels in the streets, or merely deter people from buying/using car audio equipment?
If the ordinance is not about lowering noise levels, but merely about singling out car audio enthusiasts, its unconstitutional. If its about noise levels, it should apply to all vehicles, from the factory or not.

Should I be able to bump Christian Rap as loud as I want? Should someone playing Roger Whitaker be able to bump louder than someone playing Lil John? Who exactly would determine what is acceptable to be played loud, and what isn't.... you? Get my point?

Im sorry, normally you and I see pretty eye to eye... but I dont think you understand the point of these noise ordinances. You sound exactly like the people who come up with car audio laws to single us out. Again, thats just what you, as a car audio enthusiast, should be against. If someone tried to make a law only limiting the db level of Harley Davidsons, and nothing else, Id be against that too.
Try bumping some Wagner, you'd get some angry Jews chasing after you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

1. If the sun is down, the volume is down.2. If the speed is down, the volume is down.

3. If the population around you is up, the volume is down
Adire went by by, so do their rules //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I will agree.

Respect is a term often ignored and mis interpreted these days. Just as you try to live your life as comfortable as possible, meeting your needs to be mentally at rest, others have the same will as well but in a different manner. The only way to meet ends is to repect each others space, privacy and intellect.

I am sure you would not like to be awaken in the middle of the night, a day before a final, by a SPL van., even though you own one too!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.