Adire Brahma vs Image Dynamics IDMAX

Participant count
  • Participant list

SweetNZesty

CarAudio.com Newbie
WI
Looking at setting up a dual 12" enclosure with either Brahmas or IDMAXs. I want it pounding and loud, but don't want to sacrifice sound quality. I am leaning towards a sealed box, probably either 2.0 or 2.5 cubic feet. I have a Kicker 1800W amp right now but am thinking about picking up a Sundown 2500W amp.

Any feedback or recommendations? Which might be better?

Last edited:
2 different subs. If you’re going sealed, I’d lean IDmax. If youre going ported, Brahma for sure.

THIS x2

I think the Brahmas will handle more realistic power, but the ID’s typically do so well in sealed.

My gut reaction says do ported with Brahmas. I think doing sealed, though, either one of those subs would work great.

Looking at setting up a dual 12" enclosure with either Brahmas or IDMAXs. I want it pounding and loud, but don't want to sacrifice sound quality. I am leaning towards a sealed box, probably either 2.0 or 2.5 cubic feet. I have a Kicker 1800W amp right now but am thinking about picking up a Sundown 2500W amp.

Any feedback or recommendations? Which might be better?

What kind of music do you listen to?

Hip Hop, EDM, and Rock.

Some people like the extra tight kick that sealed can give with rock music, or in general. Ported is typically louder, and some people accept the type of kick and response that a ported box gives. I know some ported boxes have very pressurized kicks and punches and what not. But for rap and EDM, I’d do ported and not sealed. But that’s just how I see it. You’ll have to decide on that one.

THIS x2

I think the Brahmas will handle more realistic power, but the ID’s typically do so well in sealed.

My gut reaction says do ported with Brahmas. I think doing sealed, though, either one of those subs would work great.

Can't go wrong with either sub, but the Brahmas seem to have a little more "oomph" down low. Obviously both subs do fine down low, but the Brahmas have a tad more presence IMHO. Not that I fault the IDMax; ID's subs tend to have a more "neutral" sound and enjoyed great popularity with SQ competitors.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...