CRX Take 3

Are you so sure about this.....I had a Rockford p3001.....which is 300 watts@2 ohms and it blew and overheated the type R because the amp was clipping....so are so sure about your statement
I am very sure about my statement. Your amp in full clip is capeable of pushing a Type R VERY near it's rated limits. a $20 walmart amp is not. That is the difference.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yep, you seem to think so. I know people in other places that dont like you either. That doesnt make me respect you any less. But you show no respect to a good portion of people on the internet.

I could give 2 shits about what people think about me on the net. Only time I don't respect you is when you talk of things you dont have experience with....and try and disprove someone that does.

What you guys and your 300 watt clipping experiments dont realize, is that when you are playing with multiple kw. speakers dont seep to like clipping all that much. So telling a guy with a strapped pair of 1.5 kw amps to put it into clipping on a sub that has an RMS of 2kw is irresponsible. I know squeak wouldnt do that...but you cant tell people to do **** like that.

If I am wrong then I would like a good explanation. Not just "youre and idiot because I said so. Clipped signals heat up coils" because that is all I have gotten so far.

Fryfucker...they dont like you at SSA either //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
nice...instead of providing evidence, proof, and factual backing to your theories you get mad and shun a knowledgeable forum member!!

BRRRRRIIIIILLLLLLLIIIIIIAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTT!

cUT, pRINT...that's a wrap folks!

nice...instead of providing evidence, proof, and factual backing to your theories you get mad and shun a knowledgeable forum member!!

BRRRRRIIIIILLLLLLLIIIIIIAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTT!

cUT, pRINT...that's a wrap folks!
knowlegeable...yeah thats it...

just letting someone know that if they run over to SSA saying CBfryman said come here...they wouldnt recieve a warm welcome.

it takes power to burn a speaker right? Say your amplifier has a 1 amp fuse. Clip the hell outta that amp, do you think it will make enough power to blow, say a btl, because the wave is square? I don't think enough power will flow through that circuit to cause any heat.

Not saying a square wave doesn't cause problems, just not thinking a square wave kills regardless of power.

I know close to nothing on the subject though, just trying to think it out. Somebody should start a real topic on the subject instead of a back and forth b1tchfest in somebody elses thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I could give 2 shits about what people think about me on the net. Only time I don't respect you is when you talk of things you dont have experience with....and try and disprove someone that does.
What you guys and your 300 watt clipping experiments dont realize, is that when you are playing with multiple kw. speakers dont seep to like clipping all that much. So telling a guy with a strapped pair of 1.5 kw amps to put it into clipping on a sub that has an RMS of 2kw is irresponsible. I know squeak wouldnt do that...but you cant tell people to do **** like that.
Umm i was on your side......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif but to each his own

Agian, 3 second burp. I said to push the amps into clipping... Not slam the gain all the way to the right and turn the volume all the way up feeding it a square wave.

He could start with mild clipping. Say it gained 0.1dB. He could give it moderate clipping. It gains 0.1dB Agian. He would know not to push it any further. All with out damaging anything. A sub rated at 2,000w getting 4,000w slightly clipped will have the same issues as a 200w sub getting 400w slightly clipped.

knowlegeable...yeah thats it...
just letting someone know that if they run over to SSA saying CBfryman said come here...they wouldnt recieve a warm welcome.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Please inform me on who is in my clique.
All of the people you consistantly side with with out giving factual evidence or data who disrespect any member who says something other than what one of you beleive. You know who they are I am not turning this into a name game.

I am STILL waiting for factual evidence and/or data.

Agian, 3 second burp. I said to push the amps into clipping... Not slam the gain all the way to the right and turn the volume all the way up feeding it a square wave.
He could start with mild clipping. Say it gained 0.1dB. He could give it moderate clipping. It gains 0.1dB Agian. He would know not to push it any further. All with out damaging anything. A sub rated at 2,000w getting 4,000w slightly clipped will have the same issues as a 200w sub getting 400w slightly clipped.
Despite what you may think, clipping is not going to increase your score.

All you are doing is getting slightly more power out the amp, but at a cost of a shitty sine wave and heating up the coils MUCH faster than they should. Clipping is not increasing your score, the boost in power is.

If you want to get more power to the sub, there are much better ways to do it.

1)Increase your voltage (i.e. adding more batteries, beefier alt, etc.)

2)Play with the gains and headunit volume to find the optimum combination

3)Get a bigger amp capable of more power. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Clipping is not the answer. bottom line.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

squeak12

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
squeak12
Thomaston, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date