Tearing your car up to do installs...

bikinpunk
10+ year member

G-g-g-g-g-unity!
Alabama
I see alot of people cutting into their door panels to put speakers there (mids, tweets, etc). I also see several other installs where a person screws, cuts, glues, etc into the existing OEM part. I will never do that myself because I'm constantly thinking of making sure my car stays as close to excellent inside as it can (trade-in). I'm curious as to why alot of you out there decide to cut into your car's interior if you're not into heavy modification (ie: 4-way setup in the doors for competition)? I've considered cutting into the door for tweeter placement, but decided against it. I suppose I could always ordered new panels later, but that'd be a whole lotta extra $$$ and I don't want to go tearing my car apart. I hope noone takes offense to this post. I'm just curious why you chose to do the install the way you did.

you can usually get any type of replacment pannels rather cheap on ebay or your vehicle specific forums... and you can sometimes sell modified pannels and parts to other people looking to modify the same way so it really isnt a big deal most of the time...and as stated in the post above me the factory positions are usually less then optimal....

you can usually get any type of replacment pannels rather cheap on ebay or your vehicle specific forums... and you can sometimes sell modified pannels and parts to other people looking to modify the same way so it really isnt a big deal most of the time...and as stated in the post above me the factory positions are usually less then optimal....
very true especially on vehicle specific forums where people are parting out entire cars

because modifying the interior of a doorpanel to accept soemthing better is not a big deal at all. if you did sell the car, you could put the factory headunit back in, and buy some $50 pioneers on ebay, and make some MDF spacers to put them in and then tell the buyers that you have aftermarket pioneers in the doors. *shrug*

and you can get a little crossover and hook it to the mid and get a shitty tweeter to put in the place you put your good tweeters in. say you upgraded the system and **** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

its not hard to cover up modified stuff, and usually people will agree that an upgraded stereo is a good thing in a vehicle that would not "degrade" the value of the car as long as it looks professional.

Each to their own but personally I have done it because its paid off and once i get a new car here in about a month the truck is just going to become a project so theres no worry in having to resell etc.

I think of ways to fit stuff in without compromising the 'outside' look of my car. I managed a 3.5" mounting depth in my front doors with some spacers, Made an MDF false floor, so no drilling into the baby.

I manage to mod without showing it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I see alot of people cutting into their door panels to put speakers there (mids, tweets, etc). I also see several other installs where a person screws, cuts, glues, etc into the existing OEM part. I will never do that myself because I'm constantly thinking of making sure my car stays as close to excellent inside as it can (trade-in). I'm curious as to why alot of you out there decide to cut into your car's interior if you're not into heavy modification (ie: 4-way setup in the doors for competition)? I've considered cutting into the door for tweeter placement, but decided against it. I suppose I could always ordered new panels later, but that'd be a whole lotta extra $$$ and I don't want to go tearing my car apart. I hope noone takes offense to this post. I'm just curious why you chose to do the install the way you did.
Go to a junk yard, pick up panels... hell completely different color if you want.

Keep your originals... go to town.

nG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.