Crossover question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Edgar Mendez

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi I have the infinity 682.11cf coaxial speakers. I was wondering what I should set my high pass filter to on these particular speakers. The FS spec is 79. Something. Rounded to 80 hertz. I heard that you should double that to be safe, so 160 hertz and that should be the crossover point.. can I be safe to set it to around 120 hertz with these speakers and allow my subwoofer to do the rest? I believe they can handle 40- 25,000 hertz. (94 DB sensitivity, 2 ohm speakers) I currently have a low pass filter set at 160 hertz for the sub woofer. With a 24db crossover.

I ask because the speakers are expensive and I just want to have them last as long as possible. Also quick question. Any idea why they discontinued this specific speaker model? I find it to have incredible crystal clear vocals and mid range. And some good low ends as well but as I stated, I don’t want them to play too low if I can avoid it. I got the sub for that. Sorry for the ramble.

I'd start at 80hz and see if they'll play at loud listening volumes undistorted with that crossover point then move it up until you can play loud with no distortion in the midbass.

I'd start at 80hz as stated before of it sounds distorted raise it up some.
Ok cool. Currently love my install, but if I wanted more low end bass would I need to upgrade electrical stuff u think? A second 10 inch sub would help I think.
Currently 400 rms for 4 door speakers, and 400 for 10 in sub.
Love the sound, but problem is to get that full power from the sub I need to put at max volume, which listening to long periods of time tires my ears a bit with the highs, haha.
Sorry for so many questions just want some pro advice.

Ok cool. Currently love my install, but if I wanted more low end bass would I need to upgrade electrical stuff u think? A second 10 inch sub would help I think.
Currently 400 rms for 4 door speakers, and 400 for 10 in sub.
Love the sound, but problem is to get that full power from the sub I need to put at max volume, which listening to long periods of time tires my ears a bit with the highs, haha.
Sorry for so many questions just want some pro advice.

Idk what sub you are running or if it's in a custom box, but usually a custom box makes for a decent gain for most any sub. Especially going from sealed to a good ported box.

And I would think your ears getting tired is because the highs are set too high and the subs can get loud enough to properly mix with the highs at a lower volume. That's a simple fix in just turning the highs amps gain down
a hair. Having a peaky response can also be harsh on the ears.

Idk what sub you are running or if it's in a custom box, but usually a custom box makes for a decent gain for most any sub. Especially going from sealed to a good ported box.

And I would think your ears getting tired is because the highs are set too high and the subs can get loud enough to properly mix with the highs at a lower volume. That's a simple fix in just turning the highs amps gain down
a hair. Having a peaky response can also be harsh on the ears.
Okay nice info thanks! I don’t know why I didn’t think of that lol. Makes sense. I’m running a single 10inch shallow kicker Comprt sub in a sealed .41 cubic feet box. I bought the box prebuilt because it was already made specially for downfiring under the seat of f150s. I’ll try what you said though, I might not even need to add another sub. :) And thanks everyone for the help.(y)

Okay nice info thanks! I don’t know why I didn’t think of that lol. Makes sense. I’m running a single 10inch shallow kicker Comprt sub in a sealed .41 cubic feet box. I bought the box prebuilt because it was already made specially for downfiring under the seat of f150s. I’ll try what you said though, I might not even need to add another sub. :) And thanks everyone for the help.(y)

Idk if you can squeeze out more airspace under the seats but .41 is small for even a 10.

Add on top that shallow mount subs generally are lackluster and I can see why your substage struggles.

Check out subthump.com for good truck boxes. You likely can fit a normal sub or s hybrid like the sundown sd4 10.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...