crossover question

Participant count
  • Participant list

iamaaron

i'm interested in choosing individual components to create a personalized 2/3 way component setup.

i'm wondering: if i get an active crossover, will it conflict with my amplifier(s) built in crossover? mainly the cutoff frequency--if i set the cutoff for tweeters at say 2k hz on a preamp crossover, but the 4ch amp's internal crossover only goes 50-250, will the cuttoff mess up? i guess i'm just confused.

If you want to use an active crossover, you have to set your amp crossover to full range. Two different interfering cutoffs will mess up the sound. Use one or the other, not both.

You can use multiple crossovers to get the proper slope you want, but having different crossover points will almost always cause issues. As suggested above, its usually best to get a crossover that handles all your needs, and just disable the crossover on the amp(s).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.