Could someone give me some advice?

09Z
10+ year member

I'm looking to put a new stereo in my 09 370z. I want something loud, but i want it to still have good sound quality. I have about $2000 that I'm willing to spend. Would this set up work?

Rockford Fosgate T2652 components

Rears

Jl Audio W3 sub

Jl audio HD 900/5 amp

I don't know what rear speakers i could use, and I really don't know much about systems, so I could use some advice. Is that amp strong enough to run the speakers and sub to their full potentials? or would it be better for me to power the speakers and sub with different amps? Thanks

Thats a nice amp to push everything with. Sub is also nice,could also step up to the w6, but the w3 is a very nice sounding sub that has been used in sq setups.

For components, look into Boston Acoustics and Hybrid Audio as well.

Are you set on using JL? Not that its not very good equipment, but they seem to be overpriced for what you can get with another brand.

Fi Q for an SQ sub would be my suggestion

I would stay away from any of the newer RF stuff, I've heard those comps and didn't like how they sounded at all. I agree with the Boston or Hybrid comps instead. I loved my Boston Pro60's.

Many 4 channel amps can be bridged to run the comps up front and the sub. But your going to get more power running a seperate amp for the sub most of the time.

Thanks for the replies guys.. And is the jump from W3 to W6 really that noticeable? If so, by how much? And what amp would you recommend to run the W6? And also, would the W6 fit into one of these sub boxes from Custom Sub Enclosure | Affordable Sub Box Thanks! I really appreciate the help. I'm not to knowledgable on car audio so i want to make the right decision.

The jump from a w3 to a w6 is going to huge. BIG difference! I'd go with a custom box from one of the builders on here. Pro-rabbit, mobile enclosures, buck.... All do good work. There's other ones too. Can't remember. Just don't want to offend anyone. Lol!

Zed Audio Leviathan is going to be a far supperior 6 channel amp. Double the power more processing options, very efficient and great sounding... IMO better all around for not much more money. Can be had on eBay (from authorized retailer possibly woofersetc?) or on SSA.

Can't go wrong with w6 (except for MSRP which is kind of rough). This would be my pick for a well built and good sounding woofer: TC Sounds Epic 12" DVC Subwoofer 293-650 Very fair price for what it is.

Ok, thanks a lot guys. Anybody have any other suggestions? I'm going to look into all of these ideas. I'm willing to spend about $2000-$2500 so any setup within that range is worth looking into!

What speakers would you guys recommend then? I had the T2652's in my acura before I got my Z and thought they were pretty good. But then again, they were the only speakers I've heard other then stock, and a pair of JL C3650, which I didn't care for.

SInce the #11 noted the RE xtx500.5 , i figured i'd write briefly.

It has now been discontinued, but can still be found at places for as low as 190 dollars or so.

I am very happy with it for a full-system amp. It isn't a powerhouse, so you should get _relatively_ efficient speakers- but i cannot complain about the sound or the size.

I mounted it to the underside of my passenger seat in my subaru forester.

My webpage has pictures of the guts of it compared to an old-school audio art 260.6xe, as well as pictures of the install, and other info about the amp:

http://www.c-j-l.net/Home/audio/subaru_stereo_installation_full]subaru_stereo_installation_full

Enjoy!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.