Complete build start

Hello, I am looking to put a build together for my wife in her 2009 ford edge. I am seeking advice on decent parts that fit a $1000 budget all included (and yes I know that doesn't get you far in car audio). Some feautures she sees as important is the ability to control her spotify in the HU, RGB on the HU ( would like alexa in the HU if possible or just any way for voice communication controls) on par sound stage, time alignment on the HU, must be double din, mid bass doesn't need to punch your chest but enough to know it exists, coaxial or component doesn't matter but since I will be doing the install I would prefer coaxial (because I hate finding perfect tweeter mount positions), sound clarity clear enough to notice all instruments but i dont need to hear a pin drop in the background as far as amp/s go she doesn't care if its 2 seperate or 1 or any functions on it I just want everything to be propely powered, the sub cant take up to much room as we need a stroller and other family function needs, I have thought about giving her my sub and amp Pioneer TS-W261D4 sub and JBL GTX500 amp with a sealed box but im not set on it ( I just want an excuse to upgrade mine) I know ported is usually the go to in suv but I dont want to spend a fortune on a box especially since the sub only exists to add to the atmosphere it is not what she is concerned about especially since there will be a 4 month old in the car, but i am looking for suggestions, I will put knukoncepts wiring to everything because I am not skimping out again like i did in my car just to buy new wiring later on, sound deadening is not important the car is already quiet. the speakers HU and amp is what will be bought and installed first the sub system later on thank you for your time and any suggestions.

I would look at a single 8" or 10" in a ported box setup with 6-½" coaxials in all of the stock locations. You could get the 8" and coaxials for around $300. Then get a $250 double din. Then you have $450 left for a small four channel and a 1,000 watt mono amp. The Sundown SFB1K would be a good choice.

I would look at a single 8" or 10" in a ported box setup with 6-½" coaxials in all of the stock locations. You could get the 8" and coaxials for around $300. Then get a $250 double din. Then you have $450 left for a small four channel and a 1,000 watt mono amp. The Sundown SFB1K would be a good choice.
Was there any specific parts you would recommend? My car set up is designed very different and I don't know a whole lot about quality products in this price range.

I can design you a box, if you can build it. You'll save money that way vs buying a box, more than likely. And it'll probably sound better too, just depends. A good box can take a low powered sub a very long way, so you could spend some of that money elsewhere. I'd only recommend it if it would match up with what all you want, like what kind of music you listen to.

I can design you a box, if you can build it. You'll save money that way vs buying a box, more than likely. And it'll probably sound better too, just depends. A good box can take a low powered sub a very long way, so you could spend some of that money elsewhere. I'd only recommend it if it would match up with what all you want, like what kind of music you listen to.
Her main genres of music are pop, rap, and edm I have no qualms with building one but i remember seeing just the blueprint alone some were going for $300

I have found a receiver i like the kenwood excelon DPX594BT, but im a bit torn for the speakers I have found JBL club 8622f ive looked at the infinity kappa sereis and polk audio db651 can anyone help me narrow down what im looking at.

I have JBL 602C if I had to do it over again I would get the club SQ series they are a little more and have carbon fiber cones. People seem to love the stadium and kappa set from JBL and infinityIf you want to spend more but those are I think 2.5 ohm if that makes a difference to you

Her main genres of music are pop, rap, and edm I have no qualms with building one but i remember seeing just the blueprint alone some were going for $300
I don't want to come across as a fanboy, but I had an awesome experience with @Buck's service. He charges less than i expected, and I received more service than I expected.

I paid him more than he asked.

I can't believe I forgot to add car specs the speaker doors hold 6x8 speakers
Infinity, Pioneer, and Rockford Fosgate are the only manufacturers I've found that offer 6x8's. I really liked my power-series Rockford's, but they aren't made anymore. My newer Explorer has Infinity speakers, but they are a reputable company, and I bought them on sale.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.