Comp Vx vs Comp R

Participant count
  • Participant list

brayball25

CarAudio.com Newbie
So ive been lookintg at subs to put under my seat in my truck. ive been wondering whether the difference in a comp r and a comp vx is substantial. im just looking for somethting that will vibrate the cars around me?

I was gonna get 2 compvx 12 but now im wondering whether or not two compr 12 would do the trick. Or if there are other subs anyone would recommend

Last edited by a moderator:
So ive been lookintg at subs to put under my seat in my truck. ive been wondering whether the difference in a comp r and a comp vx is substantial. im just looking for somethting that will vibrate the cars around me?

I was gonna get 2 compvx 12 but now im wondering whether or not two compr 12 would do the trick. Or if there are other subs anyone would recommend
you will get aboslutely nowhere trying to do 12s in your truck under the seat firing up or down firing sealed.  The acoustics and how bass waves reflections and how everything bass related works in a truck makes those orientations horrible ideas. Along with EVERYONE coming on here complaining about how their setup ***** (they had the same exact sh*t you plan on doing).   In a truck doing under the seat, you need to do smaller drivers but ported with the port firing to the rear, subs facing forward. Its the best and loudest orientation inside a truck. The difference between these 8s  under the seat and your two 12s is your two 12s is barely louder than your door speakers las in "do you even have subs bro?". While these 8s custom ported will pressurize your ears and make it hard for you to breathe.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 hours ago, Jeffdachef said:

you will get aboslutely nowhere trying to do 12s in your truck under the seat firing up or down firing sealed.  The acoustics and how bass waves reflections and how everything bass related works in a truck makes those orientations horrible ideas. Along with EVERYONE coming on here complaining about how their setup ***** (they had the same exact sh*t you plan on doing).   In a truck doing under the seat, you need to do smaller drivers but ported with the port firing to the rear, subs facing forward. Its the best and loudest orientation inside a truck. The difference between these 8s  under the seat and your two 12s is your two 12s is barely louder than your door speakers las in "do you even have subs bro?". While these 8s custom ported will pressurize your ears and make it hard for you to breathe.

so the 12s or 10s wouldnt work and i should go for smaller subs?

so the 12s or 10s wouldnt work and i should go for smaller subs?
1st off, you wont have enough airspace to do a proper ported enclosure for a 12 which usually takes up 2 cubic feet after accounting in the space the subwoofer and port takes up per 12.   10 will be 1.5 cubic feet per 10.   Going smaller will just strangle the subs. Space makes bass.  Smaller subs in a proper ported box will be louder than large shoves crammed into small boxes.  Ported is also WAY louder than sealed and needs to be way bigger than sealed.  Sealed boxes wont get you anywhere in a truck. Anyone with a truck can easily tell you that.

Lol anything can be done.just give up on the sub stuff till you get some experience at least idk stick to head units I guess 

Op  I've been through this myself. Started out a couple of years ago with 10s sealed down fire  which was the worst no extension what so ever hit 50 to 80 hz ok sounded muffled. That didn't stay in long at all.

Built a box for 8s front fire port front as well that was a lot better but had issues with the box. Had height issues with only 8.5 inches to work with mounting the subs was an issue with 3/4 inch wood so scrapped it. Front fire port so port didn't have anything to load of off so knew it could be better 

Built an up fire side port. So so didn't sound all that great but better than down fire sealed. Didn't take too long to get sick of that. 

Because of vehicle raising seats wasn't an option without major modifications. For a while I had a 12 sitting in the back seat sub firing front passenger side port loading of the door. That sounded great finally but who wants to ride around with a sub box in the seat. I then built a box for 2 8s front fire side passenger side port and used birch 5/8ths wood to make mounting the subs possible. Beat everything besides the 12 sitting in the back seat. ya have to work with the space you have and I just like 12s better than 8s. Personal preference. The 8s I'm using have great extension for 8s I really can't complain for the space I have  

Down fire up fire sealed all a waste of time if looking for the best performance and sound imo

Video is all fine and dandy but if you notice they say for some under seat 10s. Never said this is the way to go for this vehicle. Sometimes you have to read between the lines. Besides what are they really going to say after spending all that time on the install video etc. It's crap doubt that 

the amount of truck bass installs I had to correct and literally show them what them what effects loading and phase cancellation does IRL is crazy.  Unless you like 50hz and above stuff aka MR kicker fan up there. you'll definitely want ported.

the amount of truck bass installs I had to correct and literally show them what them what effects loading and phase cancellation does IRL is crazy.  Unless you like 50hz and above stuff aka MR kicker fan up there. you'll definitely want ported.
so do you think the car in the video has decent bass. also i was looking at a box with 4 8inch but the port was coming on the side of the box by the door, would that be fine?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.