Clifff150's 2009 F150 Screw Build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Clifff150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
I've had a couple setups already so some things are already complete. This is definitely not something that is going to wow anybody in terms of custom but figured I'd post what I got.

Vehicle: 2009 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT

Head unit: JVC 830BT w/ Maestro iDatalink

Front stage: ID CXS64 (running passive for now)

Front stage amp: Diamond D5 600.2 (freaking huge)

Rear fill: Ecplise 5x7 (can't remember model)

Sub stage: 2 IDQ 10's D2 V.4 sealed

Sub stage amp: JBL Gtr-1001

Wiring: Mix of Knu, Rockford, Stinger, etc

Deadener: NVX 90 mil (40 sq ft was $50)

Let me know what you think, thanks!

I've had a couple setups already so some things are already complete. This is definitely not something that is going to wow anybody in terms of custom but figured I'd post what I got.
Vehicle: 2009 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT

Head unit: JVC 830BT w/ Maestro iDatalink

Front stage: ID CXS64 (running passive for now)

Front stage amp: Diamond D5 600.2 (freaking huge)

Rear fill: Ecplise 5x7 (can't remember model)

Sub stage: 2 IDQ 10's D2 V.4 sealed

Sub stage amp: JBL Gtr-1001

Wiring: Mix of Knu, Rockford, Stinger, etc

Deadener: NVX 90 mil (40 sq ft was $50)

Let me know what you think, thanks!
Nice build. Where did you get your deadener?

Nice build. Where did you get your deadener?
I purchased my subs from Sonic Electronix because I had a 20% discount code. When I added a sub to my cart, it gave me 50% off NVX Trunk Kit (20 sq ft). So I added that too then used the coupon. For both IDQ's and 40 sq ft of deadener it was $360.

Here is what the truck looks like now

KUuClfj.jpg

W0leIK4.jpg

It wasn't the truck I wanted when i first got it but the deal was too good and I knew I could change up the exterior to my liking.

The exterior mods include, paint to match handles and mirror caps, raptor style grill, wheel flares/moldings, changing the tan to black, using fx4 style headlights and taillights, nfab nerf bars, magnaflow muffler with 4 inch tips and the best part, 20 inch wheels with All Terrains.

Interior is stock besides the audio upgrades and white led lights.

I've replaced all 4 shocks with Bilstein 5100's and have replaced the upper and lower control arms, tie rods, and rotors and pads.

Everything besides the exhaust was done by me and family (gotta love related mechanics)

The exterior mods include, paint to match handles and mirror caps, raptor style grill, wheel flares/moldings, changing the tan to black, using fx4 style headlights and taillights, nfab nerf bars, magnaflow muffler with 4 inch tips and the best part, 20 inch wheels with All Terrains.
Interior is stock besides the audio upgrades and white led lights.

I've replaced all 4 shocks with Bilstein 5100's and have replaced the upper and lower control arms, tie rods, and rotors and pads.

Everything besides the exhaust was done by me and family (gotta love related mechanics)
It turned out very nice. Congrats

I've lost some photos due to phones crapping out but here is the stock head unit.

6KlEJXg.jpg

I originally went with a PAC Loc to retain the stock unit but wasn't satisfied. I then changed to a Kenwood x995 and once it crapped out changed to an Alpine 149bt for a few years which I loved. I just recently got the bug to change some things up and purchased this bad boy

pShOry7.jpg

So far I really like this deck. I've always wanted a touch screen and I got it for $300 from Crutchfield and with those savings, purchased the Maestro idatalink (very recommended).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.