CD's Do buy them ??

I was wondering how many people out there actually buy cd's. I personally download mp3's from the internet and then burn my favorite songs.......Give me your input....

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I buy CD's because the recording quality is far superior to MP3's. I'll do downloads when I want like only one song and don't wanna spend the money on a whole album.

I pretty much do the same as maylar. I buy from my favorite artists, but record from the "one hit wonders". I don't see any point in spending $10-$15 on a cd when you only like 1 or 2 songs.

i tend to order my cd's through columbia house cause ive been w/ them for like 2 years and they give me like a 75% discount on all the cd's i buy plus i get bonus points and every 75 points equals one free cd....currently i have like 600 points...jus waiting to cash in on em...heh...

I buy C.D's but i have a burner for my stereo to record from cd to cd.The sound quality is waaaaaay better than computer burners.I just borrow cd's that i don't have from friends and burn em............but there isn't much i want right now ...i have hundreds upon hundreds of cd's

i hear that! i have a cable modem, and i've downloaded all possible bit rates to no avail. i've also done many cd to cd copies, and the soud quality is NEVER as good. it's not bad, but on my system, i can hear the difference. i have 200+ burned cd's, and none are as good as the real thing.

I tend to download most of my music and burn it. I will however purchase the disc if I feel it is worth it. So long as the bitrate is at 320 - this is standard cd compression. There should be little audible difference between a burned disc and its manufactured counterpart.

take it easy,

-zane

Originally posted by madman LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!C.D. quality sound......tee hee *wipes tears of laughter from eyes*
I have yet to have anyone pass a double-blind test using 320kbps MP3 converted albums...

If you are in the MN area, feel free to come take that test...

@ 192kbps, my pass/fail rate hovers around 70/30

Originally posted by madman:

Well i've just gotsta say ......the ears don't lie........c.d's all the way for me

No the ears dont lie when it comes to your sound preferences, however, as a manufactured CD has the same compression as a 320 bitrate MP3- there would be no audible difference between a burned copy and the orignial.

By the way, how do you think the music gets placed on the discs at Epic, RCA, Elektra, Sony, Virgin, etc in the first place?

take it easy,

-zane

I've seen a few high bitrate numbers with the program Audiogalaxy. Only problem is, sometimes it takes forever for the song to be processed to start d/l. Morpheous ***** right now, they never had any high bitrate numbers anyhow. I just d/l Kazaa, so I can't say because I haven't checked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Larrydehp920r
S.W. Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
MxRacerCam
1000007975.jpg