neon light

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2K
I was thinking the same thing a couple months ago. I never tried it, but I believe it will work. I would hook up the red wire to the remote on the amp, and the other wire to the ground. It should work, I mean that's how I run my cooling fans, so I don't see why it wouldn't work on a neon light.

me myself i have a grip of neons in my car i used to have 4 hooked up to my ciggerete lighter till my freand told me to hook them up to a hott wire and buy switches for each one so if i did it you could .

Yes, you can definately run your neon's off your amp. I have mine wired up so the power wire goes connected to the remote turn-on, and the other wire goes to ground and that way the light comes on whenever the amp comes on.

i'm sure that running the neons off of the remote turn on lead from your h/u cant be good for your h/u...i would go w/ the guy above and get a line from your batt and run them from there......but its up to you....good luck.....

i'm sure that running the neons off of the remote turn on lead from your h/u cant be good for your h/u
Can you back that up with any info? I don't see why it would matter, you run the h/u with it, the amp, and I've used it for cooling fans, so I don't see how it's gonna affect your h/u. It's not actually coming from your h/u, because it in fact uses the remote. Depending on whether you want the neons going on with the music, you could also run it with your light switch, because I doubt you would want them running in the daytime, but you could always turn them off. It's up to you and how much work you want to do. The remote would be the easiest.

well actually i cant back it up w/ any info cause i think neons are kinda stupid and pointless...but to each his own.... im just imagining like 6 or more neons running off a the small remote wire....i imagine you could do it but im thinking the current being drawn would put a strain on the wire maybe not so much on the h/u its self...but if im wrong sorry for waisting your time....jus giving my 2 cents worth.....

a h/u remote wire puts out 12 volts but less amperage, my buddy tried to run 3 off of a remote and two would half assed light up and the third was so dull you could hardly see it, use a hot wire with a toggle switch. or use a relay.

As stated in the previous post the remote lead does provide 12 volts but only a very small amount of amperage. Therefore it wouldn't be advised to run multiple neon transformers off of it. However, you could use a relay and let the rem lead turn the relay off and on then the 12 volts would only be limited to the size of the fuse you installed for the lead to the relay.

Hope this helps

Originally posted by Phatillusion

Can you back that up with any info? I don't see why it would matter, you run the h/u with it, the amp, and I've used it for cooling fans, so I don't see how it's gonna affect your h/u. It's not actually coming from your h/u, because it in fact uses the remote. Depending on whether you want the neons going on with the music, you could also run it with your light switch, because I doubt you would want them running in the daytime, but you could always turn them off. It's up to you and how much work you want to do. The remote would be the easiest.
Actually, its no good. The remote lead wire runs through the H/U on a tiny fuse. If you put too much load on it that lil fuse is gone, and you have to pull H/U out to fix. Just run wire from batt. or cap through a switch, and connect other to ground.

Just be careful you dont f u c k up your h/u by drawing too muhc current. find out what the neons are rated at and how much amperage you can put on the remote lead on the deck. my neons draw 200mA a piece but i wired them in so that they're on a switch and go off when i turn my key off. but i think i'm gonna use some diodes and wire it up so when the doors are open the neons come on. the diodes are in there to keep it from turning other circutis on because of the way i've wired it. but as mentioned b4, wire in a relay. just have your h/u power the relay and then you can put tons of **** on the relay. just remember a fuse in there tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.