CCA amp kit help

SRT8 Wolf

CALI
So I just got a CAB1600.1D amp for my 2 Sa10s and I have a 160amp alt I'm looking to upgrade my wire from 4g to 1/0g Im wanting to know if I can just go with CCA wire or will it cause me problems. The amp kit I'm looking at is on amazon it's by KnuKonceptz it's $37.88 my budget is 50 bucks

I would use your entire $50 budget and get better wire. If you pay once it only hurts once //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Look on ebay you can buy wire by the foot or find a kit that may be slightly over your budget but probably worth the few extra $ You can get 20' of copper for $60 shipped

Stick with OFC. Do it right 1st time. I've bought many times from Knu.

Btw, how's your electrical besides a new alt? Big 3 done? Same stock battery or newer/better one?

Stick with OFC. Do it right 1st time. I've bought many times from Knu.
Btw, how's your electrical besides a new alt? Big 3 done? Same stock battery or newer/better one?
Not very good to be honest, big 3 not done yet and I have a xs power d1200 as my second battery but have yet to install it I'm waiting on my wire I just said screw it and dipped into my saving and got the stinger amp kit the Sk6201 kit to be exact my alt is stock and I still have my stock battery it's just hard to find a alt for my car it's a 2011 Dodge Charger the only Alts I see are 400 bucks any help on where to find a good alt

There is nothing wrong with cca wire to a point. If your trying to pull 300 amps then definitely need ofc. If your only pulling 200 amps then cca is a fine choice. Ofc would be better and would be better for the big three due to less resistance. Personally im a fan of cca for light use

There is nothing wrong with cca wire to a point. If your trying to pull 300 amps then definitely need ofc. If your only pulling 200 amps then cca is a fine choice. Ofc would be better and would be better for the big three due to less resistance. Personally im a fan of cca for light use
Cca will corrode and will be junk and you will have to buy new wire... CCA is junk. Buy welding wire

Yeah I'm only gonna be running a CAB1600.1 and I'm looking to get the xs power big 3 kit. do you think I'll need a new alt or is my stock 160amp good enough?

Yeah I'm only gonna be running a CAB1600.1 and I'm looking to get the xs power big 3 kit. do you think I'll need a new alt or is my stock 160amp good enough?
Stock 160A?... heck yeah you're good unless you compete... I wish MINE came with a stock 160!

yeah mines 125 and peeps tell me i'm lucky, guy said his truck had 95a..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.