Route for 0 gauge wire???

What year? What are your plans for the audio? What's going into the car?

Should find an existing hole thru the firewall. Or sometimes people find a hole big enough to run some 1/0 gauge wiring thru along with a factory wire thru it. If all else fails, you can always drill a hole thru the firewall. But...makes sure your free and clear of anything.

What year? What are your plans for the audio? What's going into the car?
Should find an existing hole thru the firewall. Or sometimes people find a hole big enough to run some 1/0 gauge wiring thru along with a factory wire thru it. If all else fails, you can always drill a hole thru the firewall. But...makes sure your free and clear of anything.
A soundqubed hdc3 18 in the trunk and and a 04 passat

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

I have ran wire under my car, zip tied it to some factory wire already there, never had an issue, just an idea dude.
How hard is that? And is there a hole for the wire to come back through or do I have to drill one?

So run it under and cut a hole in the trunk? On which side of the car?
Driver side

i had to cut metal to get mine in. From the trunk, I cut a hole on the driver side wall. Right around the top side of the wheel well. The floor on mine was a lot thicker and the exhaust is right around that area. All that heat can stay down there and away from my wire.

Its not hard and there are many zip tie points. Everything can be tucked up with ease.

If you get that done then we can tackle the grounds. The ground points on my car were a bizzznitch to get to. I assume they will be on yours as well.

The good thing is I've done everything there is to do to my VW except build a wall so ill do my best to answer any questions.

Consider this! Most factory grommet locations are already crammed tight. But rubber stretches! So if your 1/0 guage seems like its not fitting, take a smaller guage wire, wd40 that wire, atleast the part that initially goes into the grommet or rubber part, and start feeding it through, till you have enough to grab on the other side. Then with enough wire still left on the engine bay side, take the 1/0 guage wite and attach it to the smaller guage wire, id use wd40 on the initial part of the 1/0 that will be entering the firewall, then after enough gets theough it should slide back and forth relatively easy.

My only thing is, on newer cars i hate pulling up trim peices, sometimes the rivets can be somewhat difficult to locate and you can end up breaking them. Making the reinstallation look a tad loose, it might be better to just heed the advise of others and go under. Whatever you do, run wire loom. Make sure that wire is fully protected

Oh and for the purposes of attaching wire together, duct tape it BEFORE you wd 40 it otherwize it obviously wont hold

A soundqubed hdc3 18 in the trunk and and a 04 passat 

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

How hard is that? And is there a hole for the wire to come back through or do I have to drill one?
It wasn't hard at all for me, it was an 08 dodge caliber, and since there were already factory wires there I just used the holes they used just had to make the hole bigger in the oem grommet.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I put 2 runs of 0 ga under my Blazer to the rear I ran it through garden hose to protect it. Then zip-tied it it seemed an easy way to do this and cheap too... Harbor Freight.

Then I used something similar to this where I went through the metal in the rear...http://www.ebay.com/itm/SET-OF-10-CAR-TRUCK-0-GAUGE-AWG-AMP-POWER-WIRE-FIREWALL-GROMMET-BUSHING-0G-/301015548974?hash=item4615ecc42e ...

Driver side
i had to cut metal to get mine in. From the trunk, I cut a hole on the driver side wall. Right around the top side of the wheel well. The floor on mine was a lot thicker and the exhaust is right around that area. All that heat can stay down there and away from my wire.

Its not hard and there are many zip tie points. Everything can be tucked up with ease.

If you get that done then we can tackle the grounds. The ground points on my car were a bizzznitch to get to. I assume they will be on yours as well.

The good thing is I've done everything there is to do to my VW except build a wall so ill do my best to answer any questions.
What if I told you guys there's no grommets on the driver side of a 04 Volkswagen Passat? Bc I can't find none and I have the panels off and everything

What if I told you guys there's no grommets on the driver side of a 04 Volkswagen Passat? Bc I can't find none and I have the panels off and everything
Are you looking for a grommet in the rear? I had to drill one thru with a hole saw bit then I installed a grommet/bushing to avoid that sharp metal where I cut it.

Are you looking for a grommet in the rear? I had to drill one thru with a hole saw bit then I installed a grommet/bushing to avoid that sharp metal where I cut it.
No through the front I can't find any even if they are small I was going to make it fit lol. I'm not trying to go under the car Bc I have no way to get it off the ground high enough for me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.